Sticky Climatronic buttons.....

jeremyadamson

Long story, so apologies....now I know what you're all thinking, and no, I didn't you-know-what on the climate control panel!!! However, I had some leakage from a McD's soft drink which I (stupidly, d'oh!) left in the car half full over night. Naturally it leaked, and now my climate control buttons are sticky and squidgy where the liquid got down in behind them. It means that I can't turn the fan up/down without risking the buttons being stuck in the down position! Do any of you guys know if the climate control facia can be removed easily and without damage so I could clean behind the buttons?? Failing that, does anyone know a spray detergent that could be applied and get rid of the problem?? Cheers all, J.

Yeah it's pretty easy to take off actually. Pull the bottom silver part off this is where they plug in their diagnostics cable. Then carefully remove the surrounding silver facia using a flat blade screw driver - it just clips on. You can unscrew the cliamate control module using a sort of star shaped screwdriver (similar to an allan key but i don't know the name of them). Clear it with electrical cleaner or something that won't affect the electronics.

Hope this helps... I had to remove it when i fitted my sat nav

Jonny