Wipers of despair

s4dreamer

Why do the wipers on my £23k car work so badly ?

I might expect them not to clear the screen, or even blow a fuse if I had bought a TVR, but not a VW!!!

First of all, the screen has something on it which has resisted all my attempts to remove it using AutoGlym Glass Cleaner, then the wipers just smear the water around and leave lots of lines of moisture in their arc.

I had a similar problem with the old-style wipers on the V6 4-motion, replaced them with PIAA blades and never looked back.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the screen not being cleaned properly ?

that will be th transport wax residue left on the scren from when it left the factory. does it feel sort of rough when you run your hand over the screen rather than squeaky clean like glass should feel? thats what mine felt like and i had to use a clay bar to remove it all, autoglym glass polish did not work beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Shame the rear one is feckin useless

[/ QUOTE ] mmmm probably same as my S3 ones then..... i use bosch wipers and must say they are miles better than the standard ones which came with the car.

Maybe have your wipers changed under warranty especially if youve only covered low miles.

Riz beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I have to say the front wipers are excellent! Those new style blades seem to work really well!

Shame the rear one is feckin useless mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

'tis the other way round on my car. Rear wiper works a treat (although the washer is another story - a mere dribble), and the fronts are cr*p.

After I "cleaned" it the first time with AutoGlym Glass Polish, I put RainX on and it's had bugger all effect - almost totally useless - so I think it must be the wax residue which is causing the problem. I'll give the clay bar a try, then if the wipers are still leaving trails, I'll get VW to replace them.