Vredestein Sessanta Tyres....

RedRobin

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps it's too clever for it's own good. If they get this all the time then why didn't these ever so clever people put more explanatory info on their website. I thought one of the reasons companies had websites was to reduce the amount of time people were caught up answering telephones.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

They are sending me an email which hopefully will explain more and I'll post accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do - it just seems so obviously wrong that there must be something REALLY clever going on!

[/ QUOTE ]

....The email is going to be coming from Vredestein's technical department.

Posted on another forum I inhabit [Not such a big post count as on here though!]:

"i guarantee you will go round roundabouts faster with these tyres fitted...

am sticking some on the csl first chance i get.

they are the nuts."

Also several confirmations by users that the illogical tread configuration is correct. I'm still interested to learn from Vredestein why it works.

169144-ok.gif

I had the Ultracs on prior to these and was very impressed with those. These are still brand new but so far they are excellent. Never any issues in heavy rain unlike other tyres which i have experienced. Grip seems to be consistant regardless of how hard you push the car; and you have to push them very hard before you get anywhere near the slightest loss of grip.

Overall; definately recommend them. Well worth the money and seem to have a very good tyre life. not too hard nor soft compound.

Makes me want to cry, just found this on a USA website

[ QUOTE ]

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry! Shipping to your door (78232) on the two 275/35 18 and two 295/30 19” Vredestein Sessanta tires would be $795.00. This includes all costs. No taxes since you are out of state from us!

If you would like to place an order, let me know and I’ll be sure to hold them. In addition, if you have a Paypal account, please send me your Paypal email address and I’ll be glad to send you an invoice.

You are also welcome to pay by credit card, money order or cashiers check. Orders are normally shipped out the same day when processed through Paypal.

You can also provide your direct phone number and we’ll be glad to give you a call. You are also welcome to contact us directly if you'd like. Our number is (818) 340-6181. Our hours are from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday – Friday and we’re completely closed daily for lunch from 12:00pm to 1:00pm. If you have any other questions, I’ll be glad to help!

AFS Wheels – Samantha

Sales Office Supervisor

7301 Deering Avenue

Canoga Park, CA 91303

1~818~340~6181

[/ QUOTE ]

£408.53 at your door. Rip Off Britain anyone?

Mike

[ QUOTE ]

They should be fitted as shown and so that the text "INNER SIDE" on the tyre wall is not visible when on the car. They are an "Assymetric" treaded tyre.[ QUOTE ]

Surely it would be very obvious if they were fitted wrong (must be a bit like whitwalls...) ? I have the Yokohamas that also look wrong when fitted.

Here's what I recieved from Vredestein today:

"Thank you very much for your question we appreciate all feed back from our customers.

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta is a asymmetrical tyre not a directional tyre.

1295438-UltracSessantaVooraanzicht.2007.jpg

......................................... Inner section ............................Outer section

The inner tyre section has a "more open" tread than the outer section. The outer tyre section with the "less open" tread is intended for high traction on a dry road and road adherence in corners while the inner section has a "more open" tread. That results in an improved dispersion of water.

The "most open" tread must always be fitted on the inside as indicated in figure 6.

UltracSessantaRijrichting.jpg

Figure 6

The text "INNER SIDE" on these tyres helps to prevent that the tyres are fitted incorrectly. This means when the tyre has been fitted under the vehicle, the sidewall with the text "INNER SIDE" is not visible.

1295438-Innerside.jpg

Figure 7

When you do look at the tyre, i can see what you are saying with it looking the wrong way round if it was a directional tyre that is , i can assure you that if your tyres look like figure 6 above, then you tyres will be fitted in the correct positions on your vehicle. i hope i have answered your question and if you have anymore questions please get in contact with me.

Thanks

Vredestein (UK) Ltd

Mark Kearns

Technical Support"

....Which doesn't tell us anything technical or new but confirms that the illogical tread pattern when correctly fitted is as it should be.

post-10081-137914412255_thumb.jpg