Which steering wheel ????

bearra

Hi all

I've been reading with keen interest what everyones been discussing with regards to which engine... ARISTO should go for.

One item which has been raised and confused me was about the sports steering wheel... When I ordered my TDi with sport pack (3 spoke steering wheel) I requested the four spoke instead so I would have the multitronic/audio controls on the wheel (got so used to them on my old Merc).

However my dealer told me that I couldn't have the 4 spoke wheel with the sports pack even as an after delivery change!

So can you guys confirm to me whether I can have the four spoke before I go and kick my dealers teeth in!! sportifs2.gif

Ummm when I ordered my car I wanted exactly that, the Sport Pack with the 4 Spoke M/F Steering Wheel. Answer from Audi UK was nocando (bear in mind though I was ordering in December 2001 an early build car). I ended up having to order the sports seats and sports suspension and alloys of choice separately along with the steering wheel. Ended up costing me more and technically my car is not a 'Sport'. Pissed me right off!

Thanks for that folks, my dealer said same as Hashluck - no can do! But it seems like we've been given mixed stories...

pics as requested

3spoke.jpg

4spoke.jpg

I ordered mine 5-6 weeks ago for March delivery and so if it's not to late I want to get the order modified!!

Any advice would be grateful ?

Does seem odd that the four spoke comes as standard if you don't have sport pack, and the sport wheel is a no cost option (which is what I went for), yet if you pay extra for sport pack you get the sport wheel but can't convert to the non sport wheel as a no cost option.

Means they are giving the choice without cost to those who haven't paid the extra to upgrade to sport pack, but taking the choice away from those who have paid the extra. confused.gif

Sounds good, although as you say, probably only works with the OEM kit.

I have a Nokia car kit in mine which is wired to the hi fi loom so when I get a call it auto mutes the stereo and uses the drivers side door speaker for the phone. The phone has "voice dialling" anyway so making a call to a regular number (like "office") only requires pressing one button and saying "office" and the phone mutes the stereo and dials the office. Pretty good. cool.gif

post-169-137914256892_thumb.jpg

I will make a picture of the (ugly mounted) OEM (Nokia) phone and the steering wheel this weekend.

The speakers are in the dashboard (both sides) and they sound very well.

BTW: my tracker is in fact also a in-car GSM (with emergency sensors) which has been built in the arm rest. So in fact I have two in car phones (different numbers) Flush.gif

Will make a picture of that too.

beerchug.giftime

[ QUOTE ]

BTW: my tracker is in fact also a in-car GSM (with emergency sensors) which has been built in the arm rest. So in fact I have two in car phones (different numbers) Flush.gif

Will make a picture of that too.

beerchug.giftime

[/ QUOTE ]

I can hear it now "I'm sorry I'm going to have to call you back, I'm on the other line!" grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

3 spoke looks way better... IMO. It's a sports thing I imagine, as the A8 came with the 4 spoke, and the S8 with 3 spoke (with tiptronic buttons). Personally I wouldn't want it any other way... cool.gif

So I guess the sports pack on the cab includes the 3 spoke, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sven you are quite right, four spoke (with radio controls) standard, sports wheel no cost option, and sports wheel standard with sport pack (sports suspension/seats/17 inch wheels)

Yeah, when I was speccing my next cabrio I especially wanted sport suspension and sport seats but the combined cost of these is exactly the same as sport pack so by specifying that instead you get the seats and suspension for the same cost and the wheels for free! confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you guys are trying to make sense out of Audi's price policy yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's usually around now that someone comes along and points out that in Seats, Skodas, VWs, and Lamborghinis you get a free choice of wheel, free steering wheel heating, a free silk steering wheel cover, and a spare steering wheel in the boot. Audi drivers, however, are VAG's gullible cash cows and have to pay extra for such luxury options as door hinges, windscreen wipers, brake lights, and a fuel cap.

Well, it feels that way sometimes, anyway. sportifs2.gif

It's a cold morning and I'm a bit irate at not having heated door mirrors - I wouldn't have minded paying, but this 'optionsl' policy means that my off-the-forecourt snap buy car doesn't have them.