Suggestions please........

Busby

With the car jacking fading into the past and the cheque fom the insurance company on the way it is time to decide what to buy....... confused.gif

I have the option of another R32 but wonder how many of you would buy another one in the same situation. I've looked at a few things but am still no closer to making a decision.

What would y'all do......?

(Please don't suggest an S3 - my gran already has a car!)

Hi Busby,

Like Shao_Khan says if you really liked the R32 then you could try another. Paul said that they were not necessarily after an R32 just something fast, not sure if this is true. If it is true though then at least you know that you wern't being targetted out and perhaps could relax a little.

When I was looking for a new car I couldnt find much else I liked for around 25k. Not sure what your budget is?

If you were after a second hand car maybe a TVR, Porsche Boxster, BMW 330ci.

I suppose it depends what your after, practicality wise and all that!

Hope my ramblings make sense beerchug.gif

PS I think yiu should get another R32 grin.gif

I would go for the R32, unless you are looking at going second hand. When I got mine there were only 3 cars I would have selected cos I like the 4 wheel drive - Scooby and S3. However I like the fact that the R32 is just a golf.

Also remember residuals - as its not like you have to keep it a set period of time is it. If prices stay firm you could run it till you get bored(!!) and then sell it for decent wedge and buy something else.

Think about it - it makes sense.

Also regarding the car jacking - my next door neighbour got car jacked outside his house in the middle of the afternoon by some bala'd up thieves and he has got a ST170, The old bill said they would have just picked the first performance car that came their way as they wanted it for a job. Whatever you get (if sporty) puts you at a similar risk i guess.

Hi ya - I reckon you should go for something else mate.....I bought my R32 after chopping in a GTi 1.8T....and to be honest it spoils it having the same make and model again. I was already bored with the GTi, and different as the R32 is, it's still a Golf and so it's not so 'New' if ya know what I mean. Depends on your budget of course, but I'm seriously thinking of going the TVR route again.....I had a Chimaera before and I loved it. I really fancy a Tuscan S or a T350.....but we'll see. I love M3s, but they're as common as muck and mostly driven by people who don't understand what they've got (present company excepted of course). Keen to get rid of the R32 before they start shedding value....which I'm sure they will very soon. Enjoy your new car, whatever it turns out to be. J.

O yeah i know the P1 is much faster, and this STI obviously had not been PPP'd, but still i was very happy with the result, espeshally considering on paper the WRX is supposed to be that bit faster than the R32.....has the remap made that much differance...or is it just my over average driving skills sekret.gif

Bring on Spec C grin.gif