530d Touring vs 535d Touring

Dave

I am very tempted to look at a 5 series touring, but am unsure which engine would be the best to go for.

There's a seven grand difference between the 535d (286hp) and the 530d (235hp)..

for those in the know, how big a difference is there between the two? and is it worth the extra? MPG between the two looks very similar.

Thanks

Dave

[ QUOTE ]

Interesting!, I hadn't checked the torque figures so maybe that gives a better clue.

To be honest I probably would go for the 535d M sport, as it would suit me better. Do they hold their value as well as the 530d?

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy one a month or so old and save a packet 169144-ok.gif

I saved a lot on my 635D Sport a couple of months old. 169144-ok.gif

535D Sport will be a much better drive.

I thought the price difference was £4.5k.

Never driven a 530d but I'm might impressed by my LCI 535d M Sport saloon. I'd recommend the 19" wheels as they are not RFT.

Like many my car was ex BMW and at six months old came in £12k under list with <1 miles. Depends how fussy you are on spec as to whether you buy new but the BMW cars have all the stuff you really need.

I've got the base models down as (new prices)

530d M Sport Touring: £40,135.00

535d M Sport Touring: £44,560.00

So you are right, I think i must have been looking at the 530SE Touring petrol which is next in the list smashfreakB.gif

In that case it's much less of an issue.

[ QUOTE ]

A couple of dealers have told me that quite a few clients have ditched M5's to get 535d M Sport's. I guess we all know the reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif Lady T's dad ditched his V10 M5 for a 535d - he loves it and doesn't have to visit the petrol station on a daily basis... 169144-ok.gif

Is part of the price difference down to the fact that the 535d is auto only? Auto transmission used to be around £1400 on the 530d IIRC...You also used to get the 'advanced climate control' as standard on the 535d (another £500 odd on the lower powered ones), as well as metallic paint (another £600 or so) but I think the LCI might have made this standard on all but the 520d confused.gif

You'll soon be able to convince yourself that the 535d is actually cheaper grin.gif

My 535d SE Touring was the best 'real world' car I've had; quick, economical (ish...), practical and comfortable. In SE Touring form its also pretty unobtrusive as well, allowing remarkably swift progress to be made without attracting too much attention...

Peter

I can't recommend a 535d Msport enough. I like a lot of the guys on here have had loads of different car and I'm totaly hooked.

It feels like a smaller car to drive than it looks, not much will pull away from you (my last car was a 996C2 and there's not much in it)... and a 2 hour session with a re-mapping bod will make it feel even better.

I only wish mine had Logic7 and HUD.... but I bought second hand and saved £13k... so beggars can't be choosers.

Go for it !!! 169144-ok.gif