Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric, on an S3 (8P)

AZURES3

The Ps2's are an awesome tyre mate. But I reckon for O&O grip the F1's are there with them.

Both the threads on SRS and 246 were well subscribed to because SOOooo many people have them and found the vreds great. But on both sites there were a few who had exactly the same issues as I did. felt like being on broken DRC again....Brrrrrrrrrrrr......

I've been on Assys for a while and before them GSD3s. However, local supplier didn't have any Assys left last time so I went for PS2s. Oh my word, in my car they are loads better for me than the Assys. I'm a PS2 convert and am looking forward to getting a set on the back.

• 1 month later...

I know someone else had issues with poor construction on these tyres and I seem to have the problem since having 2 new ones fitted on the front after an unrepairable puncture. They have been rebalanced twice and the car checked over by Audi but I still get motorway vibration, like a low frequency. Goodyear said I can send the tyres but if they arent faulty they will charge me shipping and they will be with them 7 days.

Shame as they seem great tyres especially in the dry but I have lost faith in the brand a little and speaking to some collegaues and doing a google it seems I am not alone with issues with this tyre.

I will try these next

MICHELIN Pilot Sport 3 | Car Tyres | MICHELIN | UK

I've been on Assys for a while and before them GSD3s. However, local supplier didn't have any Assys left last time so I went for PS2s. Oh my word, in my car they are loads better for me than the Assys. I'm a PS2 convert and am looking forward to getting a set on the back.

Good feedback, the PS3 is meant to have all the dry grip of the PS2, but with better wet weather performance, longer treadlife and more economy.

I know someone else had issues with poor construction on these tyres and I seem to have the problem since having 2 new ones fitted on the front after an unrepairable puncture. They have been rebalanced twice and the car checked over by Audi but I still get motorway vibration, like a low frequency. Goodyear said I can send the tyres but if they arent faulty they will charge me shipping and they will be with them 7 days.

I've just been discussing a construction issue on Vredstein Ultrac Sessentas on another forum. I think every company has the odd bad tyre, and these bad tyres can go on to great internet myths regarding construction problems.

That link in your sig of your RS 6 doing 0-60 in 3.6 secs is amazing by the way. Can't wait to get one, daytona avant with black optics on PSS9s yada yada, sorry to go of topic!

That is epically fast. Want.