New 335i/d tourer, advice required

a3malawimatt

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Do you think that is a different system?

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

It is the same system, just installed in a different location. The dealers retrofit the USB into the glove box rather than under the arm rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure??

There are two USB systems, the factory option is far better.

[ QUOTE ]

My dealer has found one but it is £35850 and even though i have no px he will not budge on price to meet my £35k budget. Which is slightly disapointing, never known a dealer not to be able to move £1k on a £36k car but then they may be hoping that due to the hardness of obtaining a 335d in the spec i want i will cave in, but i can't.

Anyway question is, do you think it would be financial suicide to plump for a 335i 57 plate with 3k miles with all the toys for 2k less?

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget the petrol - the diesel will hold its value much better. Not like the diesel is any slower either! You know it makes sense.

Having just had a "spirited" drive home this eve in a 335d, I can confirm it really is about as quick as you could possibly need 99% of the time - and shames some VERY expensive machinery, and yet I am still averaging over 38mpg in the 3k or so I have so far done. Over 40 on a run is easily achieved without any effort.

[ QUOTE ]

Forget the petrol - the diesel will hold its value much better. Not like the diesel is any slower either! You know it makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forecasts that I have seen say that the diesel will hold its value better that the petrol in the short term (1-3 years) but over that they will be very similar.

Way i see it is the 335d (and i may well still end up with one if the tourer version of the i isn't as nice as the d) is £2k more from the off so in 1.5years time it will be £2k cheaper, plus probably an extra £1k maybe. maybe its wishful thinking. If i can get one with 3k or less on the clock it will only have about 18k on it when it is 3 years old and will be high spec.

We will see.... i am all excited lol.

Hmm, if you are only doing 8k a year I would rather buy something a year older with maybe 15-20k on the clock and save £7-8k.

In 3 years time it will only have 39-44k miles on the clock and will only be about £1-2k less than the ones you are looking at now.

makes cost of ownership a hell of a lot cheaper.

I agree, there have been 335d's on 56 plates for £30k.

I think at 6 months old you want to be paying around £35k for a 335i, at a year old £32k, 18 months old £28k and 2 years old around £25k.

The diesel will be about a grand or two more than those figures.

2006 56 Reg BMW 335d M Sport Touring

5 Doors, Automatic, Estate, Diesel, 11,142 miles, Blue, ABS, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Leather Trim, Satellite Navigation, Alarm, Alloys, Balance of Manufacturers Warranty, Electric Mirrors, Electric Windows, Front Fog Lights, Immobiliser, Split Folding Rear Seats, Sports Seats, Traction Control. £27,695

Trade Seller

Contact number: (0844) 8444120

Well went to london today and drove the 335i, to be honest i prefer the diesel. Sound is nice but is it worth how much extra it would cost if say i wanted to take the missus to cornwall for a long weekend.

Went to Elms BMW in cambs on way back to look at that 25k mile 335d and they recon they have traded a ferrari in against it and sold it for £31500.

I am seriously thinking about not bothering with BMW, apart from the guy in london i saw today all the other dealers have been totally arogant and disrespectful, i thought they had learned that just cause someone is young doesn't mean they can't afford to buy a car.

I am seriously considering a Audi A5 3.0TDI instead......

Matt

PS. I rang about that 27k car, Arnold Clarks, it doesn't exist. They said it was an error. Thought it was too good to be true. Cheapest i have seen with right spec is £29995.

Hi, long time lurker - great forum here! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

PS. I rang about that 27k car, Arnold Clarks, it doesn't exist. They said it was an error. Thought it was too good to be true. Cheapest i have seen with right spec is £29995.

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly hope it exists as I put a deposit on it today! The salesman you spoke with couldn't be bothered basically. Phoning that number from Autotrader takes you to Arnold Clark in Newcastle-under-Lyme. The car is actually in Motherwell in Scotland. I enquired about the car via Newcastle yesterday and he said he'd get back to me today, which he didn't. So, after a process of searching via Exchange and Mart, I found the right number. Spoke with the guy there, verified a few things and put down a deposit! He as much said that the Newcastle guy had called him but couldn't be bothered with the hassle of getting it down.

The price is correct - the cheapest in the UK I believe - and I'm over the moon. Cannot wait. grin.gifgrin.gif

P.S. You may be interested to know that there is another Touring being sold by another Arnold Clark for £27995 IIRC, also with Professional satnav - can be found on E&M - be quick!