[Audi A3/S3] Intake ideas?

Drillslinger

OK, I was thinking about intakes. The Quickshift Carbon Fiber ones Gambba and JayBee have on their cars look Suh-Weet jump.gif and I like the stainless steel filter element. Now I've seen THIS 70lan1.jpg from ABD and the kit is just the pipe and fittings, no filter. So what I was thinking was.... would I be able to get this pipe, AND source a stainless element from somewhere else, to piece together my CAI??

Any ideas? I could just spend a bit more $$ and get the Quickshift smashfreakB.gif

Anyway, thx jump.gifbeerchug.gif

Hmm, there is a filter: "When mounted the air filter is now placed directly behind the bumper skin to ensure filter protection from road debris". They just don't state which kind, which is a pity...

Over all, I think it's pretty useless for every day road use in our climate: "(Not to be used in any type of bad weather. Do not use when raining etc…)"

Now how practical is that... they expect you to take a spare kit along and change it when it starts to rain? smashfreakB.gif

There are several better solutions me thinks. At recommendation of JayBee and Gambba I'm checking out DBM here in NL, to see what's possible for my car.

My Audi dealer pointed me towards Motorsport Schmid, which is in Germany. They also sell replacement filters which they claim offer 60% more intake capacity. At €75,- Cheaper than an airbox, but less effective on an A3/S3 I think, as S8 has a front mounted air scoop already. Unless you make one of course...

May be interesting to check it out anyway, they have a good selection of Audi goodies... cool.gif

beerchug.gif

interesting site from Schmid motorsport Sven beerchug.gif

i was looking at steel brake tubes (or whatever you call them).

My dealer quoted me Eur 450 and this site has them for Eur 200 or so (perhaps the difference is the fitting?, no idea how long it takes to fit them).

Also the spacers look interesting.....

jump.gifbeerchug.gif

Yup, my thoughts exactly... cool.gif

They have perforated brake disks as well, which fit the OEM system. As I have Brembo's already (which are superb) I deem it a bit OTT to go and change the whole system. A set of perforated disks and some braided steel brake lines however might be interesting... beerchug.gif

Va+Ha.jpg

Stahlflexbrems.jpg

That's why he gave me the site in the first place, as Audi doesn't supply these. However, apparently the dealer can order them directly from Schmid and fit them on your car.

Spacers are also on my list... cool.gif

Next week I'll do some comparing, and also see what DBM comes up with. SMOKE6.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

My dealer quoted me Eur 450 and this site has them for Eur 200 or so (perhaps the difference is the fitting?, no idea how long it takes to fit them).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a bit steep... It's not THAT much work. Just a matter of replacing the tubes, refilling fluid and getting the air out.

It might be interesting to check out a high quality brake fluid as well at the same time. beerchug.gif

I've had a K&N panel filter for 3 years now with no MAF problems, but I still want to avoid oiled filters grin.gif Would prefer a Stainless one actually cool.gif

As for the cold air feed, my bad, didn't see any feed on the pic so ASSumed.... smashfreakB.gifgrin.gif But tbh I'm thinking of either an exclusive Cold air feed, or an intake that relocates the filter to the wheel arch suicide.gif

Thx Dude jump.gif

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

See what you mean, the system on JayBee's car looks cool;

[/ QUOTE ]

It does look very neatly installed notworthy.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah and its still in place at the moment. tnx Dan notworthy.gif

sounding nicely and looking beautifully.

still thinking about an airscoop tho......

btw Gammba did you by any chance see a trace of the breather filter thingy? beerchug.gif