2.0TFSi to get quattro

J_C

Audi has heeded calls for a quattro AWD version of the entry-level 2.0 TFSI TT coupe, finally announcing it will add the new model to its lineup next month along with the new TTS performance variant. Both the 2.0L Coupe and Roadster models will now be available with the permanent all-wheel drive system, and both come standard with a S-tronic automatic transmission:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/coupes/audi-adds-quattro-awd-to-tt-20-tfsi/

[ QUOTE ]

Audi has heeded calls for a quattro AWD version of the entry-level 2.0 TFSI TT coupe, finally announcing it will add the new model to its lineup next month along with the new TTS performance variant. Both the 2.0L Coupe and Roadster models will now be available with the permanent all-wheel drive system, and both come standard with a S-tronic automatic transmission:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/coupes/audi-adds-quattro-awd-to-tt-20-tfsi/

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh bloody hell, what on earth model should I get next???? yelrotflmao.gifsportifs2.gif

Thing is, if you spec the 2.0T quattro up with similar things to the TTS it starts to reach the same price (assuming the 2.0T quattro will be about £3.5K more than FWD) so why would you not go for the TTS? Why is it only going to be S-tronic as well - thats weird. confused.gif

and does it mean the FWD variant is going to be worth about £4.45????? SAUER0421.GIF

[andy pipkin] want a hy-brid [/andy pipkin] UHOH7.GIF

It's no different to any other market. You pay to be an early adopter. In the case of the TT, both through the non-discounted list price and now the up grade in the spec.

This is how Apple make a living. Release product. 3 months later update and the same people that bought it first time round buy it again. Okay, so maybe people won't be chopping their TT's just for Quattro, but the principle is the same.

Oh and did I mention it's feckin' annoying too! He says owning every Apple product ever released.

[ QUOTE ]

I agree, but it will hit the resale value of the earlier cars without Quattro very hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, so what?

I hardly think that Audi will be too bothered about it, and their customers have pressured them into releasing a 2.0T with 4WD, so they sell more.

• 1 month later...