insurance time again.......

BLOCK

right my insurance is due at the start of jan and i was wondering who people have been getting insured with recently, best quote ive had has been norwich union direct but they dont like mods. im considering the amd work, in which case with chip and exhaust on elephant are best. but elephant dont give you a new car for the first 12 months they just give you market value. so now im stumped. fekr.gif

anybody beaten these 2 companies bearing in mind im only 26 tongue.gif

i'm with tescos and they have been good on all important accounts (cost and quality of service). i personally wouldn't recommend churchill at the moment cos they are being forced to migrate their system onto directlines relatively antiquated system and they're expecting major customer services problems and also the policys are probably going to be unfairly loaded due to the differences in the underwriting systems. Nationwide are offering 70% no claims discount but its a load of rubbish cos they give you the 70% and this actually appears on the policy they send you. however, they load the policy by 5% - the customer doesn't see this of course! so in effect you're only getting 65% no claims. bit of a scam in my humble opinion.

There are also a few that are using offshore helpdesks. i think AXA may be one of them. a friend of mine had to spend 1 1/4 hours on the phone to an indian helpdesk trying to get a quote, which is crazy considering you can get a full quote at most decent companies in about 5 mins. they were asking him to spell virtually everything he said. So i would definately bear this in mind cos if you get such poor service at quote time, imagine how bad it could be if you ever need to make a claim.

[ QUOTE ]

Block,

Try Liverpool and Victoria. Cheaper that Elephant - new for old in the first year and they don't charge you the earth for paying by direct debit.

Paul

[/ QUOTE ] tried liverpool victoria and they doubled my quotes from elephant and norwich union, so there out. must be an age thing.

also tescos were worse than ive been quoted.

Oh, forgot.... I'm with Bell Direct, costing about £690 all in, 7 NCB, Eh54 postcode, 31 yrs old. Live in Livi, nr Edinburgh!

I got good quotes from Egg online, but didn't enquire about mods!! Wouldn't be overly concerned about that many mods anyway, except for a chip!!

Get a stealth or Piggy Back chip or switchable chip.... that way if for any reason you need to revert back, just do it!!! NONO3.GIF