[Audi A3/S3] Swapping Concert R/C HU for CD HU

SThreeBen

Cheers Rah, I'll look into it, I never ever use tapes and hate ratting about in the boot when I want a change of tunes. I did'nt fancy the aftermarket item you have to get spacers in the dash to make it fit and as they are in plain plastic don't match the shiny black facia in the car. Also I've heard bad things about aftermarket compatability with the Bose amp and speakers.

In addition to this the volume control on my R/C concert has given up so I thought it would be a good time to do the swap if its not fixable.

At last! Someone else with the same problem! The volume control on my concert went mental. I contacted an independent stereo place and they told me that it was a very common problem. But when I phoned audi they told me that they had never had a problem with the stereo on a concert and the hu would have to be replaced! Luckily i got one via the exchange programme for 180 quid

Its a fairly common problem, I know of a couple of cases. Did you swap like for like i.e. R/C for R/C or did you go from R/C to CD ? My dealer quoted me £115 for a swap for my H/U for a reconditioned item of the same spec, still a bit steep I reckon, it can't be major work to fix the vol control, isn't it just the little control unit thats soldered to the front of the board thats gone wrong? I've had mine in bits a number of times trying different things but I think i'm going to have to get medievel with some plyers and a soldering iron , if I have to make the swap at the stealer i might as well give them somthing to do for £115 the_finger.gif

• 4 months later...