New car for g/f. Alfa 147 Collezione

Soulboy

Times are a changing grin.gif and we are going to need a bigger car than the g/fs Mini Cooper S conv.

As I have got a saloon, we thought a hatchback would be order of the day, preferably 5 door.

Having looked at a Seat Leon and BMW 1 series, she was not too enthusiastic.

We then went to the Alfa dealer and have ordered one of these little beauts.

Not the fastest hatch in the world, but looks gorgeous (the rear door handles are hidden like the Leon) and loads of kit (full leather, lowered, special alloys etc) all for £13,995k shocked.gif

Cant wait till it lands...

alfa_romeo_147_collezione_1.jpg

alfa_romeo_147_collezione_2.jpg

• 1 month later...
I love those fiat 500's, really tempted to get one to run around in..

piccies please +++

http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/07/fiat_500_launch.jpg

Here you go Dave.

Its the 1.4 Sport with red leather interior, red brake/wheel pack, sport wheels and italian side stripes.

I absolutely love this car. The design and attention to detail is superb - but what has really amazed me is the build quality and refinement. It drives like a much bigger car and the seats are also really comfortable and you actually sit quite high up.

Other positives - the blue&me technology is amazing, it has a bit of a growl, uses bugger all fuel, is group 6 insurance and everyone smiles when they see it!

Resales should also be excellent as there is a 6 month waiting list now, with limited numbers for the UK.

Take one for a test drive and I guarantee you will want one.

The g'f has had 5 Mini's including 2 Cooper S convertibles and the latest Cooper S (turbo) hatch and I honestly think this is a better car in nearly every department except outright performance.

10/10 rating from me.

5 door (the rear door handles are hidden like the Leon)

alfa_romeo_147_collezione_1.jpg

alfa_romeo_147_collezione_2.jpg

Whilst I appreciate Alfa build quality, fit and finish has improved over the last few years, I didn't think the shut lines on the rear doors were THAT tight! :P