best way to clean restore leather

aal234

I'm looking to pick up an older car with a leather interior, its in magnolia so shows up the dirt quite well. The leather looks as if it is in good condition, just a bit dirty. Whats the best way to clean/ restore it and what products would people suggest?

I just ditched Gliptone, after using it for a while it was nice but difficult to apply the cleaner.

Basically foams are the best to clean with and you dont want anything to heavy and greasy to protect.

I just got the Wolfgang bundle, looks excellent, feels great and smells perfect. I used the included brush on a back seat and it lathered up really well. The foamie lather worked well in to the cracks.

I had previously maintained the seats well so the rest just got a MF applicator rub down.

All seats were followed with leather conditioner which left them supple and it seems pretty well protected. I picked up the Lancer today and those seats need a good going over as well.

I have to say, in the kit is a really nice dash protectant. Satin, up market and so far pretty durable and dust repelling.

Quattroman, with regard conditioners. There is a big question about what the conditioners contain. Anything heavy, waxie, moist all will attract dirt and draw it in to the leather and cracks and lines. This can cause more damage and will mean the leather requires cleaning again very soon.

IMO and what i get from Wolfgang is non dirt attacting finish with some protecting properties esp. from UV rays!

Geoff

[ QUOTE ]

Was checking this out myself recently and found this on another forum. "Lazy Leather" and "Leather Protect" combo. You can get it here

Excellent stuff, no sticky leather and it dries in 15 min and leaves a nice matt finish 169144-ok.gif

They also say you should not use leather conditioners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that will be Judy. I'm going to reserve judgement and comment, but what I can say is that you can't always believe what you read on the internet!

Autoglym leather care: Much like everything in car care/detailing there are good products and bad products. Aside from that its really down to what you like. The AG leather stuff is definatly good. I used the AG leather products for many yrs and was really happy. The cleaner isnt to potent and final steps leaves things shiner then i prefer.

As for the Judy character i have seen in on a few forums. She/he? Says alot of things that make sense, like foam cleaners are better and how they penetrate etc. Some of the comments i would be hesitant about.