Ba$tard Insurance Company

Busby

Following my well publicised car jacking the insurance company finally came up with a settlement figure today. They are trying to give me £22k when the car was only ten weeks old! What a bunch of w*nkers!

The guy reckons I can get another one in black, with leather, with less that 1000 miles on the clock, from a main dealer, insure it and add tracker for that! What planet do these people live on? Honest to God I am so sick of dealing with morons who work in call centres and think they know about cars.

The idiot can't even see how an official UK car with a clear HPI is worth more than some mainland europe heap of crap that has been in a smash and is going cheap on a website!!

I really wish I lived closer to thier call centre in Cardiff so I could pay them a personal visit!

rocketwhore.gifsportifs2.gifsmashfreakB.gif

Sorry to hear about your misfortune mate.... SAUER0421.GIF

I will be buying the VW GAP insurance for my R32 as i have little faith in insurance companies these days.

I hope you get the `real` value for your R32 and dont accept the offer until you are 100% happy with it.

Get a solicitor to sort it out as that usually does the trick, also make a list of similar cars to your spec which are brand new, also point out to them if you buy a 2nd one you`ll be 2nd owner which also hampers resale values.

Price them up and see what they say.... dont be too harsh with them to begin with and if all else fails get the solicitor on the case.

Hope all works out.

Riz beerchug.gif

Thanks for the support Riz. I suppose with hindsight the GAP insurance is a bit of a bargain at £400!! In reality though when you already pay £1000 a year should you really need to fork out another monkey to be properly covered!

The best part is that I receive no rebate for the nine and a half months of insurance that I have paid for already but they will not need to cover me for!

I understand as Colin mentioned in the other posting "GAP Insurance" you shouldnt have to worry about GAP as the insurance company should pay out in full.... but like you have experianced they always try and get away with it.

Just dont give in and decline the offer and consult a expert.

Riz beerchug.gif