R32 Number plates

Riz

[ QUOTE ]

I think the DVLA either released them all into general circulation or they don't think it's worth it. I looked at numbers like R3 TWO etc. Do a search here as it's been discussed before.

[/ QUOTE ] Cheers Colin, if they didnt release them can i still obtain one from them upon request?

Someone is selling R32 GLF so its obvious that they have been issued somehow.

Cheers

Riz beerchug.gif

They come up at DVLA auction about every 4-6 months Riz.

The total price usually starts at around £500 inc transfers VAT etc, and that's assuming they sell for the minimum reserve price.

I've got an R30 *** plate and it looks great if you can't spell properly wink.gif

here's the link to the auction and you can check on previous auction prices for r32 plates......

dvla

[ QUOTE ]

R32 WOW £1,500 Sold in Feb 2003

R32 LTR £1,700 Sold in Nov 2003

R32 SMP £250 Sold in Jul 2003

R32 GLF £2,500 Sold in Jul 2003

R32 DAN £650 Sold in Nov 2003

R32 GUY £1,500 Sold in Jul 2003

R32 KAY £1,600 Sold in Feb 2003

R32 GRR £850 Sold in Nov 2003

R32 MAC £500 Sold in Jul 2003

[/ QUOTE ] Nice plates smlove2.gif

Riz beerchug.gif

When I ordered the lemon last year I spoke to the DVLA about plates. R32 was never actually released for general cars (they didn't explain why) but they said if there was a specific plate I was looking for, they would see if is available.

If the plate has not been issued they will not just sell it to you. They then put the plate into one of their auctions to get the market price for it. With regard to the auction, they contact you prior to it being published to ensure you are still keen & that they aren't wasting their time. Then you can go along & bid. Another alternative is Newreg, they have a couple of good options. I don't think the DVLA will issue R32 RIZ though!! tongue.gif

Best of luck.

Al.

[ QUOTE ]

I see R32 RED £600 is coming up soon, would be good for your car Gadget grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] laugh.gif

Wicked I would be up for that if it wasn't the fact I have a work related plate. Me and my wife run a branch of Sevenoaks Sound and Vision (Home Cinema etc) So my plate is 5.1 THX awesome plate thats worth a few bob. May buy the other though. So cheers for the info beerchug.gif