climatronic

N3WOB

is it just my r32 or is the climatronic poor at best crap at worst at demisting windscreens quickly in cold weather? Also wonder whether having leather rather than cloth trim contributes to more airborn moisture in the cabin as there is less material to absorb it. There again I could be having a blonde moment (if thats possible for a bloke?!)

The Climatronic IS CRAP.

Adjust the temperature, and it decides to slow the fan (wtf)

It's fine if you leave it on Auto. but pants if you want to set everything the way YOU want it..

It's almost as bad a traction control! Ahhhh all these electronic nannying devices!

Oh - its very good at demisting windscreen if u let the aircon do the work. It's pants if you try to demist on ECON (air con off)

Also you will mist up the car very quickly immediately after switching off air car..

You and your toyz! Can't u remember the days in a Mini when you had more condensation forming on the windscreen than water in the radiator??? Having said that, my polo seems to clear the screens perfect, just a shame the salt air here on the coast dirty's the windows just as quick!! NONO3.GIF

The aircon compressor will not start when the ambient temperature around it (in the engine bay) is less than 5degC.

Since it is this which dehumidifies the air in the car, on cold mornings, you may well find that it takes longer to demist.

Having said that, I've never found the Climatronic to be particularly effective at demisting, and my A4 is no better. A mate of mine had a Saab 9000 many moons ago which demisted the screen on a rainy day within about 15 seconds of starting the engine.

[ QUOTE ]

Just hate having to get up 10 mins earlier so I get to work on time - maybe the next version r32 will have a better system & 350 bhp! ta for your views guys

[/ QUOTE ]

I have used that anti-mist stuff for a few years now and it works well and only needs applying a couple of times a year.

Go on...someone piss on my fire and tell me it weakens the glass or something...

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone actually use the ECON mode and if so why? confused.gif

Just keep mine on AUTO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the handbook even recommends you keep it on Auto (or at least it did in the A4).

Have been tempted to use ECON when the air outside the car is cool enough to keep the interior cool, but I never seem to remember, so it stays on Auto except when it is making its flimsy attempt to demist on those cold mornings.