5 series usb port and aux outlet

beeming

Has anyone tried connecting their ipod using both the std ipod usb lead and the aux outlet (male to male ) connector, to get the full functions of the ipod.

Just got 530d m sport.

Have ipod std connector and male to male connector at home.I don't see why I should pay £40 to use ipod and get full functions.

Thanks...

Has anyone tried connecting their ipod using both the std ipod usb lead and the aux outlet (male to male ) connector, to get the full functions of the ipod.

Just got 530d m sport.

Have ipod std connector and male to male connector at home.I don't see why I should pay £40 to use ipod and get full functions.

Thanks...

I've tried the male to male connector on my 3 series recently. Unfortunately, I can only get much reduced volume and all functionality is on the ipod rather than the head unit

I only have the standard aux in jack by the rear seat vents(e60 530d) and it works fine with a male to male connector. I have no problems with the volume and the lead i use is long enough to reach the front pocket infont of the gearshifter. As said I have to control everthing bar the volume with the ipod itself though so its not ideal if your going to use it all the time.

Just got 530d m sport.

Thanks...

I did try this - using the aux connector and the normal white ipod lead but it didn't work - apparently in the black BMW 'Y' ipod/usb lead there is something in the middle bit (more than some solder apparently) - can you not get the dealer to throw the cable in gratis? +++