My TT of Joy has landed!!

Dave

The TT of joy has arrived.. and it is superb..

I have had two days of driving now and I absolute love it laugh.gif ... more so than the RS.. not wanting to upset anyone, but maybe it is because I wasn't expecting as much.

The whole package is outstanding. The 3.2 V6 revs beautifully with a fantastic noise from low down to a great rasp at high revs. The steering rack has been improved on in the 3.2 version and it certainly shows. The steering feel and weight is spot on.

The TT is far more 'chuckable' than the RS.. obviously this is down to weight considerations, and being in Cornwall it is more of a sensible choice. Round the twisty lanes it is just stunning.. what with the way the gearbox drops cogs.. you just have to laugh out loud grin.gif

BUT.. the thing that really get you is the DSG.. I cannot even begin to tell you how impressive the gearbox is. It takes a little bit of getting used to and then.. well.. hell.. you're off. On full accleration you can stay in the top power band easily.. no lurch as you change gear.. just full on power. cool.gif .. and the downchanges for fast corners are amazing.. blips the throttle so it stays smooth and progressive.

One point I will add that I have noticed is the difference between Torsion and Haldex. Both my previous Audi's (4.2 V8 S6 Saloon and the RS6 Avant)have been Torsion.. permenant 4 wheel drive. I never lost traction or felt a wheel spin except under massive provication. The Haldex is different.. boot the throtle and it feel like you get minor slip before the systems come into play.. doesn't feel quite so sure footed as the torsion... be interested in others opinions.

I will get some photo's up as soon as possible.. love the colour.. Glacial Blue with silver leather..

I'm now a TT fan.. used to think they were all looks, but now I've driven one for a few days I can see why people love them so much.. looks like the wife will be without her car for a little while longer grin.gif

Cheers

Dave

Wicked review Dave beerchug.gif

I`ve turned to the darkside and ordered a VW ECLIPSe.gif

I got fed up of waiting for a RS3 and now that quattro GmbH are going to start the new RS4 early next year the possibilites of a RS3 anytime soon are unlikely..... i wanted something more rarer than my S3 but with more power and doors......

Im happy with my choice eventhough is not a Audi..... just means i wont be paying Audi service rates for awhile....

Hope you enjoy your TT.

Riz beerchug.gif

Yes.. agree with you about the RS3.. I have asked my dealer to keep me informed but they arn't holding out much hope!!

There is a small running in period for the TT, but I like to give it a few revs.. you're very unlikley to damage the engine and it stops it cokeing up.. don't want a lazy engine laugh.gif.. saying that I do give it long warm up and cool down periods and at the moment I won't run it at full revs to too long a period.

Riz.. nice choice of car mate!!.. absolutly makes sense.. why by a A3 3.2 when by all accounts the R32 is a better and more reasonabley priced motor!! Can you get it with DGS, because I would whole heartedly reccomend it

cheers

Dave

No DSG in the UK for the R32`s which i think is a bad choice by VW but your right on all other account.. the R32 is alot of car for little money compared to the A3 3.2

A3 3.2 is more of a motorway cruiser and doesnt like to be rushed, its been reviewd and been said that the R32 is a much sportier car eventhough is 10ps less than the Audi A3.

The sound is amazing.... ive not had a big engined car as this is my first..... V6 rocks! so smooth compared to my S3.

Riz beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

So what next then??

[/ QUOTE ]

Intertesting question.. I would like to stay with the brand.. possibly RS4, but I love the look of the Audi Le-Mans quattro concept...

I feel that Audi are in a bit of a lull at the moment and I am expecting better things from the so called 'sporting' brand cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Now get off this forum and go and cut someones hair, you homo!!

wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Seriously though after the wait I am glad you like the TT Dave, must admit I've had more fun in mine so far than in the A3 I had, especially when buring them all off on roundabouts.... in the wet! smile.gif

Well done Dave and 10 outa 10 for patience.

Sounds and feels like you got yourself a nice new motor, Many Happy motoring returns mate.

I'm taking out the 3.2 DSG TT and the A3 3.2 manual out on saturday 'back to back' so it will be good to compare.

Are you bringing the beast up to Norwich per chance laugh.gif

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd add my 2pence wearth,I'm bo expert, but I've drove the TT3.2DSG and then the A3 £.2 manuel, I did not like the maunel box it was very notchety and the clutch had a feirce bit no it, vey hard to drive moothly and just let the car down I thought. as to the DSG I thought I'd hate it but I love it its great, qwik and mot of important fun , only prob I felt is that if you use the lever not the paddels (I dont like paddles) if you go to change up some tis the car beet you yo it but your hand moving and you change up as well.

As to the Torsen Vs helix Quattro I aslo can feel a difference and think I prfere the Torsen diff, though I dont think it make the car any less in the handeling stake or less sure footed as I found My A4 Tsport Q wouls loss grip on all four weels simulaiouly and therfore slid but the TT seemed less inclined to do this and therfore cornered beetter this may have been due to it being ;ess havey though!

All in all I thought the TT 3.2 DSG was great to drive and sounded fantastic even better than te M3 I drove though of cause the M3 was much qwiker.

Skooby

• 3 weeks later...