Are Q7's too expensive?

Dave

I had a Q7 3.0TDI as a loaner when my RS6 expired. I thought it handled like a bathtub full of water and had the go of an asthmatic snail. It was lethargic unless you put your foot to the floor, which was counter productive on the fuel front. I'd be looking at the 4.2TDI at least.

On the other hand the interior was good, nice and spacious, but not much more so than the A6. All the equipment was familiar in that respect. I can see the appeal with kids though and it's something I can see myself looking at in due course. The wife wa actually happier in the Q7 than the RS6!

I do quite like the Touraeg but it doesn't currently have the 7 seat option.

I had a Q7 3.0TDI as a loaner when my RS6 expired. I thought it handled like a bathtub full of water and had the go of an asthmatic snail. It was lethargic unless you put your foot to the floor, which was counter productive on the fuel front. I'd be looking at the 4.2TDI at least.

Compared to an RS6, most things handle like a bathtub - even more so for something that is double the RS6's height.....

Asthmatic snail? 3.0 TDi = 240 BHP (new engine) versus (4.2 V8 + 2 turbos) = 450 BHP. Ho hum.

Or the new RS6 V10 + 2 turbos = 550 BHP....

Everything is an asthmatic snail compared to an RS6!

You are not comparing like for like.

My wife didn't like my RS6.. even more so when i had it chipped.. it was too aggressive for her. She either was on the brakes or worried she would drive into the back of someone.

I've got the 4.2tdi Q7 and love it.. see my other posts.

It's chalk and cheese compared to the RS6.. the q7 isn't about speed and handling.. that's not what it is made for... it's got air suspension which is as comfortable as it gets.. mine has bags of torque and covers the miles effortlessly!

If you haven't got over the speed and handling thing yet then don't get a Q7.. when you get old like me (59!) and want to look towards comfort then that is your time for a Q7!

Quite an old car now, but a class beater in it's day. And let's face it, what do you see in all the programs about driving through the deserts, jungles, snow outback etc, 99% Toyota Amazons.

What and the other 1% are Isuzu Troopers? All the Q7s are poncing on tarmac +++