B7 A4 2.0T FSI S-Line SE

PeterS

As mentioned in the 'dealer' forum, my cab is currently in the garage having a couple of wheels refurbed. In the mean time they've lent me an A4 2.0T FSI S-Line SE until my wheels are back (tomorrow :cool:), so I thought I'd jot down a few thoughts.

First the colour; it's garnet red with black leather (which I believe is standard on the SE?). Now the pictures make it look a bit lighter than it really is - they were taken with my blackberry - but I quite like it +++

attachment.php?attachmentid=32715&stc=1&d=1208719624

Looks quite good with the black grill and the S-Line SE wheels I think; not a colour I'd have thought of ordering, but it looks good. Strange looking in the wing mirrors and seeing a red border though; so used to silver/grey/greyish silver :grin:

attachment.php?attachmentid=32716&stc=1&d=1208719607

To drive it feels quicker than my cab. A few reasons for that I'm sure; it has 220PS rather than the 200 of the non SE version, presumably its a fair bit lighter than the cab, its done twice as many miles and, of course, it's a courtesy car :grin: I'm sure it's been well run in though, which has probably helped... Interstingly I always fill mine with V Power, but just used ordinary unleaded in this (well, it's not mine...); it still feels quicker and is averaging around 4 mpg more than I get from the cab. Is V Power a con... :confused:

The ride on these wheels is fine; it feels better than my cab - not so much flex in the body I guess

Other than that it feels typically Audi; great interior, no creaks or rattles and generally a nice place to be. This one has Bose (mine doesn't); it does sound better but, to my ears at least, is not worth the £400 odd it costs... free on the 2.0T cabriolet at the moment though (in conjunction with the S-Line SE trim which, confusingly, bears no relationship to the S-Line SE trim on the saloon :confused: )

Just a few thoughts; in summary if I'd needed a saloon instead of a cab I'd have been very pleased with one like this +++ I realise this review will be of limited use, since you can't get one anymore, but nevermind :roflmao:

Peter

post-539-137914414516_thumb.jpg

post-539-137914414518_thumb.jpg

post-539-13791441452_thumb.jpg

Oh, and for those who wondered why I parked it outside the Rolls Royce plant for the pictures - I'd just had it cleaned at the new(ish) service in the Homebase carpark just round the corner...review to follow :grin:

Perhaps a measure of how much I liked the car - actually paying a fiver to clean a courtesy car :roflmao:

Peter

I love mine, its the 2.0T quattro, 0-60 in under 7 seconds will do for me thanks.

Hasnt put a foot wrong in 30K miles. A bargin in my eyes at under 24k new. Dont know what its worth now but think i will be holding on for time being.

They do like its tesco 99 petrol and get around 28Mpg over a longer trip.

I have bose and find it way better that the old concert set up so was first on the options for me.

i perfer my version to the backed out trim, rs4 alloys style but that just me.

well worth a shout if your haggle hard.

Oh, and for those who wondered why I parked it outside the Rolls Royce plant for the pictures - I'd just had it cleaned at the new(ish) service in the Homebase carpark just round the corner...review to follow :grin:

Perhaps a measure of how much I liked the car - actually paying a fiver to clean a courtesy car :roflmao:

Peter

You lunatic - you paid to clean a loan car - your dealer must love you!

I'm not a fan of those wheels. I prefer the ones on the original SE's although they are a bugger to clean. Also don't like the Optics Pack that became standard on them. Makes them look a bit cheap IMHO.

The engine is definitely the strongest piece of the S Line SE puzzle IMHO. Shame the clutch is made out of tissue paper though. Mine has juddered since 8k miles and the stealers have consistently failed to identify/rectify it.

Although the colour is not to my taste, I do quite like it...

In real life the colour is quite a bit darker than it appears in the pictures Alistair, the blackberry doesn't really do it justice. I've not seen many in that colour though, so perhaps it's not that popular :confused:

Peter

You lunatic - you paid to clean a loan car - your dealer must love you!

:lol: A couple of reasons for my apparent insanity; firstly I'd got the car filthy but wanted to take some pictures; secondly (and more importantly ;) ) I wanted to see what sort of a job they'd do without risking my own paintwork :roflmao: Actual result was fantastic, and for just a fiver cracking value +++

Unlike the Sainsbury's next door, where they just use a bucket and a dirty rag, these guys have a proper set up with tanks of water, generators, jetwash and, plus a little gazebo type thing for drying/window cleaning and the interior stuff... As it was a nice afternoon I stood and watched them; they rinsed the whole car off with the jetwash first, followed by some foamy stuff, then wiped over with (clean) cotton wash mitts. Wheels were done with separate cleaning stuff and cloths. All was then followed by rinsing, then drying with a blade followed by cloths, and finally the door shuts were cleaned and the windows polished.

A big +++ from me; will defintely let them loose on our cars :D

Peter

i think i will use them next time im at the father in laws+++

Nice motor but those wheels.....RS6's suit it better. I have a B7 2.0T S-Line and its a cracking motor, quick, comfortable and it looks awesome when its had a real good clean. The wheels in particular look amazing after a good clean, clay/polish etc followed up by a decent QD.

All in all an excellent car. +++