Replacement key

Hudster

My 2006 A3 only came with one key, and I'd really like to get a second just for emergencies.

I've seen in other threads that Audi will charge me £150-£180 for a new flip-key, but is there another option? I'd be happy with a basic non-flip non-remote key for emergencies, I don't really want to shell out nearly £200 for a key that hopefully never be used.

Or... are these ebay keys any good? Seen several threads saying they don't work

There are some complicated rules re key-matching - have a look at my post in the vag-com section which suggests only a new key will work with immos 3 or 4

I was lucky as was able to match my keys up myself - the difficulty is getting the "SKC" which is needed - I would imagine being a later generation cluster you can't pull the PIN from the cluster like I did but it may be worth a try as the actual procedure itself was simple.

So based on my experience -

You will need a NEW key with a transponder chip appropriate to your immo implementation (3 or 4 I think) so that will have to be ordered from Audi

The keys will then have to be matched which is a vag-com job IF you can get the SKC otherwise that is a dealer job too

HtH