air con info.

gypsyboy

hello i have a passat tdi 2002 estate.

i have recently had a re-gas(due to air not being chily) and once he had completed it it was nice and cold the temp gauge he used showed 5c.

with the recent hot weather i have been going low on the temp and im sure it dont seem that cold.

so can any one help with what pressure should the system be? and what temp should it knock out?

also any ideas to why it seems to have lost its coldness?

also are vw climate control any good anyway?

cheers

Climate Control on these cars is usually good. It's just air con with a fancy digital control (I think?)

Not sure on pressure, but run it with the bonnet oopen and you should get extra fans kicking in after a mechanical clutch kicks in. Then turn it off and the fans should stop.

It might be one of your electric fans is kaput??

Under a certain outside temperature, the electric fans don't kick in as they don't need to. So if it was gassed when it was cold, it would have been fine to you, but now it's warmer, the fan isn't kicking in???

hello since my original post i have had it checked.

the pressure was bang on and i had the temp checked with a air con temp checker.

it stated a system running right is between 45c and 60c and mine was 50c.

it just dont seem to be as icy as when it was charged,nut it is good and looking after me with this heat.

cheers for your replys.