Picked up my A4 DTM

MatP

Just bought a used A4 2.0T FSI DTM, from Peterborough Audi. They got it ready for me to pick up yesterday, so we set out from Portsmouth at about 7:30 am in the part-ex B6 A4. Got to Peterborough at about 10:30. The DTM was on the forecourt looking stunning!! I was very impressed with the car and the spec. Sat down with the salesman and done all the necessary paperwork, itching to drive home!!

Shook hands on the deal and set off home. Having never driven a Quattro before, I enjoyed the journey home! Got back home, later we dropped off the kids at sitters and popped out to a friends pub out in the sticks in Upham, near Wickham. The Brushmakers Arms. I had a pint, the wife a few drinks! and at eleven decided to go. Got in the car and it wouldn't start!!!! AAAHHHH!!! Just turning over, not firing. Had to call Audi Assistance. The RAC turned up at 1 am. Fiddled around for an hour and said he thought it was a problem with the fuel pump and that it needed to go back to Audi!! He said " I'll have to tow it back for you, it is only two wheel drive isn't it?"!!! No was the answer, so he had to arrange a truck. He was actually very helpful and offered to drop the wife (and puppy!) back to Portsmouth while i waited. We waited for the truck, which arrived at about 2:55 am. Car was loaded onto truck and dropped off at Portsmouth Audi. We got in at 3:30 am. Anyway, today after various phone calls back and forth, we have No courtesy car, due to it being the weekend, etc.

Portsmouth are looking at the car in the morning, so hopefully not too serious. All in all, not a good start for the DTM ownership!!!

Audi Assistance got us a courtesy car today. A 57 plate TT Roadster!! Guess we won't be taking the kids out then!! Still, should only be needed for a day or two. The good news is that Peterborough Audi are buying us 2 Recaro Child seats in a matching colour to the DTM interior as a Goodwill gesture.

Audi Assistance got us a courtesy car today. A 57 plate TT Roadster!! Guess we won't be taking the kids out then!! Still, should only be needed for a day or two. The good news is that Peterborough Audi are buying us 2 Recaro Child seats in a matching colour to the DTM interior as a Goodwill gesture.

I guess it just might be one of those things that the supplying dealer couldn't possibly have known about, but at least they are sorting things out for you.

Hope you get it back soon and can start enjoying it again!!

:beer:

Sidicks

PS - Just be careful that you don't get carried away with quattro - it's a great system, but you can't re-write the laws of physics and it's easy to think that quattro is invincible. But that can mean that you just take it for granted, and have an accident at a higher speed because the car feels so capable..............!

^Thanks for the replies. I picked up the car at lunchtime today, turned out it wasn't the fuel pump, but a faulty coil which also caused a fuse to blow. They replaced both of these parts and also replaced a fuel line that they broke a clip on! At least they were honest!

I'll take some pics soon and get some up.

Those child car seat are the best in the world.

Pull back the cover to the back rest and look at the construction of the seat.

Nothing else out there like it.

Both my boys love them. Ages 10 and 6.

When the child gets to about 5 years get the inserts and foot rest.