Have GTI sales dropped?

I know, spotting GTs / GT Sports is a tricky business!

I normally look for the side skirts, as (if I'm correct) the GT versions have normal side sills, without skirts?

GT's in black look okay, but personally I feel a GTI - spotted in the distance - has a more aggressive stance for some reason (lower suspension / wider wheels perhaps?).

Nice day out there at the moment, must get detailing!

I know, spotting GTs / GT Sports is a tricky business!

I normally look for the side skirts, as (if I'm correct) the GT versions have normal side sills, without skirts?

GT's in black look okay, but personally I feel a GTI - spotted in the distance - has a more aggressive stance for some reason (lower suspension / wider wheels perhaps?).

Nice day out there at the moment, must get detailing!

Yeah, the GT doesn't have the side-skirts and its also missing the lower front lip on the bumper as well as the red stripe on the grill of course!

To the keen spotter, the rear valence is also unique to the GTI (in 2 pieces. The GT rear valence is the same as the base Golf, even if it has the twin pipes)

I think the suspension height is the same on both though.

I have an 08 one in red. Came via a nice importer in Hull.

It's superchip blufinned and is a great car, all for less than £20,000 (inc. DSG and bluefin).

A bargain sports car that works well doing the shopping.

Motorway runs (that I do once only now and again) are less nice. It's a bit jiggly and hard for true comfort on long M6 slogs.

Really,...Mr Crabster? From the tone and content of your posts, along with being the only person on earth to ever get "spotty" from filling your car up with diesel, I naturally assumed you were a BMW owner....

Or is it really Hyundai?

Come on, be honest with us now......

Has the 170PS diesel with 4Motion disappeared? I always saw that as a cheap R32 alternative but I oculdn't find it on the VW website the other day.

4 motion was only ever available with the 140bhp diesel ( and R32 obviously )

I have one in GT spec MY06. I have only ever seem 2 others in 3 years. Very rare cars and with a remap to 185bhp for £500 will still do 55mpg and 0-60 in 7 secs.

Guess that model clashes with Tiguan now which is why it was dropped.

Really,...Mr Crabster? From the tone and content of your posts, along with being the only person on earth to ever get "spotty" from filling your car up with diesel, I naturally assumed you were a BMW owner....

Or is it really Hyundai?

Come on, be honest with us now......

Lol,

08 GTI

98 BMW 2.8 roadster (petrol)

54 Ford Ka

03 Honda Civic (petrol)

01 Ducato motorhome (diesel)

51 Yamaha Serow

all bought new.

GTI will be a fantastic car to own/resale in the looming gloom of petrol and car tax.

It's economical when it wants to be and it's also a good emitter for it's performance.

In fact i can't think of many other cars (at that level of performance) that would stand up as well.

Saw a Bugatti Veyron on the M25 today... in Black! Anyone else see it!?

BMW & MINIs have much lower CO2 figures, this will become even more important over the years the way the goverments are increasing road tax on such a large scale. They always said if a goverment could come up with a way to tax air they would be onto a winner, hum.