X6 in Deep sea Blue

Golfer

John, in addition to my own X6 which is delivered this week (in Vermilion Red), my brother also receives his which is in Deep Sea Blue. If you'd like, I can post some pictures.

P.s. I don't know whether you've seen this nicely lowered Hartge X6 yet..

IMG_1880.jpg

John, in addition to my own X6 which is delivered this week (in Vermilion Red), my brother also receives his which is in Deep Sea Blue. If you'd like, I can post some pictures.

P.s. I don't know whether you've seen this nicely lowered Hartge X6 yet..

IMG_1880.jpg

Steve Mate that looks great, and yes please post the deep sea blue pictures as I really have only those you've seen and nothing actually on the road so to speak.+++

Loved the X6 from the moment I saw the first pics, then saw a mule at the channel tunnel on the way back from Bruggé in November and liked it even more, your pics have only confirmed it farther.

That colour really does look good, reminds me of Ruby II on the M3, can't remember who had their M3 cab in that Ruby II but it looked great, very similar colour.

Loved the X6 from the moment I saw the first pics, then saw a mule at the channel tunnel on the way back from Bruggé in November and liked it even more, your pics have only confirmed it farther.

That colour really does look good, reminds me of Ruby II on the M3, can't remember who had their M3 cab in that Ruby II but it looked great, very similar colour.

:cool:

Guy, where and how much do think a set of lowering springs would cost supplied & fitted, and would the ride be :ffs: or OK.+++

A drop of say 1" may make the car look so much better.

Car looks great Steve, any good pics of your brothers?, please:eclipse:;)

John, nothing better than I sent you last week. I should see him again in the next week or so.

As far as lowering is concerned, Hartge do a kit for the X5 that would most likely fit the X6, however I don't know if the spring rates are compatible. The X5 with sports suspension seems to ride firmer than an X6 with dynamic ride, so I'd be concerned for an aftermarket suspension to spoil the X6s ride.

It's worth finding out though because it only needs around 20mm taken out.

The HARTGE program for the X5 (E70)

John, nothing better than I sent you last week. I should see him again in the next week or so.

As far as lowering is concerned, Hartge do a kit for the X5 that would most likely fit the X6, however I don't know if the spring rates are compatible. The X5 with sports suspension seems to ride firmer than an X6 with dynamic ride, so I'd be concerned for an aftermarket suspension to spoil the X6s ride.

It's worth finding out though because it only needs around 20mm taken out.

The HARTGE program for the X5 (E70)

Yep 20MM would be good but it may kill the ride as you say, I will look around. Whats the economy like on yours?.

I've been averaging 25mpg during the first few hundred miles, worst was around 23mpg whilst best was 27mpg. I expect it will improve from there once the miles bed the engine in.

OK Steve sounds a bit low but I supose a light foot is "Out of the question":grin:

Glad you're enjoying it.+++

I've been averaging 25mpg during the first few hundred miles, worst was around 23mpg whilst best was 27mpg. I expect it will improve from there once the miles bed the engine in.

I've yet to see anything approaching 30mpg in the X6 I've had since last week...BMW's mpg claims are, as ever, some way off the real world IMO.

I've yet to see anything approaching 30mpg in the X6 I've had since last week...BMW's mpg claims are, as ever, some way off the real world IMO.

Thats interesting, I am out again today in the same one I drove the other week ( which I averaged over 97miles 30MPG) I have another look and see what I get.

• 3 weeks later...

I really don't know whether i love or hate the X6!

I bet it's feckin fantastic to drive either way.

Stunning from the front, stunning from the back, not too great in profile... but then i bet it's a grower and i love interesting cars like that.

..so maybe it's a thumbs up!

The editorial comment in this month's Evo is pretty much the same - X6's seem to divide opinion. I suspect if you went back 20 years or forward 20 years in an X6, people would not believe that it existed. FWIW I quite liked it when I sat in one but I'm happy with my DMS 535d - 500 less kilos you see.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Any opinions out there concerning the two cars if a hybrid is not available and the price difference is not significant?
:cool: Price difference to what!!!!

I have covered 10K in mine ( selling in the next 3 months or sooner) MPG between 30 around the houses to 36MPG long runs, have seen 40+ @ 56MPH but who drives at that speed.

Car has been faultless and is still going great.

What next you say................ BMW 5 GT :grin: