Turning Japenese ?

Domus

As most of you know the S3 will be out of warranty in March, and I am looking for a suitable replacement. As I and my parents are not getting any younger. I'm 50 next May EEK2.GIF (Watching my mother getting in and out of the rear seat is like watching a Carry On Film) I am after a four door. So far tried: X Type - Too Ford like, Saab 93 - Too Vectra like, IS 200 - Superb apart from power output, New A4 obvious choice but expensive at the right spec,around £27,000. R32 - Not different enough and pitiful small boot. New A3 2.3 - More refined than R32, but not 4 door for a year, boot again tiny. Not into Beemers or Mercedes. RX-8 - Fantastic drive, but thirsty, rear seats a little cramped, Mazda M6 2.3 Sport tried it last week - VERY impressed, very roomy, very well specced as standard If I order Sat Nav the whole shooting match is around £21.500, that is Full leather, cruise, Bose, Sunroof, Climate Nice body kit, RS6 type tail pipes, and the Sat Nav is DVD. And I get Mazda reliability. Very tempting, I know it's not as exiting as an S3, but if I want to act the hooligan I can just take the 5. Advice welcome

Tsk tsk... not into beemers or mercs but you liked the IS200 apart from power output? Isn't it all about being a 3-series copy... 'cept without the power.

I know what you mean though, I wasn't into beemers at all before my current car (330d, previously A3 1.8TqS), but that was due to the stigma, not due to actually having driven one and not liked it.

Just a thought, if you haven't tried one, try one and see before ruling it out... nothing to lose... znaika.gif