New car what to buy

BURTON

A6 would be a bit bland. Passat estate will drop value like a stone, so it'd be the R32 or the VXR8.

Richard Porter's got one on the EVO fleet, and he reckoned to 19 mpg (not too bad), but they'll probably drop value like a stone as well.

I would just keep the M5, tbh, and save all that money on depreciation +++

TBH I'd look at a monaro rather then the VXR8, something thats already taken a bit of a hit. How about a Vecrta VXR - bit mad and that'll have alost a shed load already on nearly new.

A6 will be average compared to what you have.

R36 as said above will bea good second hand buy, but residuals will be pretty poor I'd have though given the current climate.

If you want a R32 then I'd have a MK4 - looks much nicer +++

How much you wanting to spend?

8P S3? I much prefered the drive to the R32.

You can't go from a serious sounding V8 to a noisey, but fast 4 cylinder job!

The Vectra VXR sounds great! And good value.

Monaro is cheap to service and look after. I think Mose & co services are about £180 MAX!

Not many VXR8s about, so you could go for rarity on the roads?

But I think we'll all be forced to. I'm keeping my V8 for as long as I can. I already accept that in the last two months it's lost more in depreciation than it has in the last 12, but feck it, I'm keeping hold of it.

Nah E34 M5 with the 3.8 Litre Straight 6.

Thanks guys was looking at a GTi Pirelli that they have done.

At the price of a GTi Pirelli you will find used S3 and the S3 is better. I ac tually thought the GTi Pirelli was a bit of a let down, no YEllow for a start, but it doesnt really stand out beyond the Ed30.

Agree re the S3 comment. What's different on the Pirelli over the Ed30?

Interior Trim, Alloys, colour availability, badging and cost. The Body stylign might be slightly different, but not much in it.

The Pirelli edition had a real opportunity to go up there with the MK4 Anni for good residual bet Golfs, but nstead of Releasing it in Black or Yellow with corespoding Black & yellow trim as originally suggested they didnt. So instead you have another half ar53d attempt at a special edition. IMO

The Vectra VXR sounds great! And good value.

Monaro is cheap to service and look after. I think Mose & co services are about £180 MAX!

Not many VXR8s about, so you could go for rarity on the roads?

Servicing on the Monaro was dirt cheap, circa £150 so....another something to bear in mind!!