£16k for a mkV

billy2shots

I know its not just R32's that are loseing money fast, but am shocked at the number of mkV's under £17,000. I have even seen one at a VW garage for £16,495. The way they are going in 6 months mkiv's will cost more to buy. To those happy with their cars and want to keep them for a long time it wont matter so much but good luck to those that want/need to sell.

I know its not just R32's that are loseing money fast, but am shocked at the number of mkV's under £17,000. I have even seen one at a VW garage for £16,495. The way they are going in 6 months mkiv's will cost more to buy. To those happy with their cars and want to keep them for a long time it wont matter so much but good luck to those that want/need to sell.

Well the last 20 UK R32's should have been built today. So touch wood the ending of production will stabalise the prices slightly. Bare in mind though that the earliest R32's would be at least 3 years old now and covered at least 40'000 miles as an average?

yes not 3 years yet, also the ones for sale are 56 reg so not even 2 years old. Its nothing we didnt know just when looking closer it is scary. Imho i think lots of these still wont sell because even if people have £16/£17k to buy the thing, running it is another matter, because i cant see mr money bags saying "right i want a change of car, i dont mind £400 car tax bills or 20mpg, i know i will buy a second hand sub £17k R32".

Got to be honest here. In the current climate, I can't see MK5 R32 depreciation slowing down all that much. Same is happening to other performance cars such as the M5 and even the RS4.

The R32 got a great deal of bashing even before things started looking economically bad. I've lost count of how many "Why would you buy an R32 when you can have a GTi?" threads.

Don't get me wrong, I think the R32 is a fantastic car. WONDERFUL engine - splendid noise. I'd have one over a GTi any day! However, I think you have to be realistic about the value of R32s. If the VW garages have them in stock at the 16K level, then pretty soon you'll see them dip sub £15K. Lets not forget that the first of the R32s will be out of VW warranty towards the end of the year - and that'll put people off further.

I was offered just £13K trade in for my 2006 MK5, leather, parking sensors etc etc. I decided to sell privately. Marketed it at £18900 originally, sold her today £16000.

Of course, if you don't need to sell, then just enjoy what truely is a wonderful car - and if you pass me on the road, give it the full beans please!

Its shocked me how much the price of them has gone down this year. I now think the robbers did me a huge favour when they took mine.

It was a March 06 car with 20k and cost under £27k (as VW forgot to charge me for the leather) :grin:

It got stolen in Aug 07 and the insurance paid out over £23k without me even negotiating!

However, I shouldn't feel too smug, as I have got an S3 now and I cant see them fairing too much better with re-sales either.

Next car will probably be a BMW diesel. They seem to have cracked it for efficiency and performance.

:beer:

I sold my MKV DSG R32 2006 with 11k, for £23k in June last year, just before they dippedin value, I think it would have dropped another £5k in the last year. It was obvious that prices were going to drop, as they are the highest group for emmissions.

My S3 on the other hand is group F emmissions, so shouldn't suffer such mad depreciation......I hope