Jump to content

Where to get VAG-COM?


Recommended Posts

Went to the Ross Tech site and Ilexa are on the approved distributor's list, so surely the updates will be available the same way and to the same standard?

I think I've already convinced myself I'm going to purchase from them anyway, just seems quicker and cheaper without all the hassle of overseas delivery and additional charges.

Cheers for the feedback though Botang +++

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to the ross-tech website applications page (Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: Audi 200 / V8 / A8 / A8L Applications) you need:

VCDS (VAG-COM Diagnostic System) License with HEX-USB+CAN Interface


VCDS License with HEX-USB+CAN Interface: Ross-Tech Store

ilexa are charging £219.30 (Excluding VAT at 17.5%) for the same thing. Does anyone know if you have to pay some import duty on the one from america?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've imported quite a bit over the years and the rule of thumb seems to be that if its under £100 value then no duty will be applied, £100-200 then you have a 50/50 chance of no duty and beyond £200 you may as well bend over and take it like a man...

Of course there are always exceptions to that as I did once get stung duty on an item worth £55 but similarly had a consignment worth £300 slip though....

Personally I would have ordered through the US but then its a matter of choice really!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...