Cruise Control on a Polo

S70ODA

Hey all - newbie here

I've been asked by a good friend to fit cruise to his '08 Polo GTI.

I know someone who can source me the stalk, but is unsure of the exact part number.

Also, he has advised me that there may be some additional wiring to connect, but isn't sure where it goes.

I'm guessing that once it's fitted (however it's done), it will need to be enabled using VAG-COM.

Our local VW dealer (and several others) have said that this after-market upgrade cannot be completed - it needs to be factory fitted when the vehicle is new. I refuse to believe that.

Any one got any ideas, or done this mod yet ??

Any advice, part numbers, diy guides, photo's would be handy.

Thanks

Thanks for the link Peter - I've seen that site before, but refuse to believe that it costs £190 !!

If it's only a replacement stalk and activating with vag-com, surely it should be half that cost !!

I'm guessing that nobody has had this mod done, or attempted it themselves then ??

Mouse - have you got a price for the stalk ??

Just to let you know - the work has been completed.

A bit of a nightmare. The mini-loom is a bitch to connect to the car.

Vag-com a must to enable it.

But after a few hours work, swearing, blood and tears, it's in and working correctly.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I have also managed the installation, but have run into one rather large and irritating snag. I am struggling, after a lot of blood sweat and a few tears :-) to get the cable loom connector connected to the plug under the dash (mounted on the firewall\bulkhead) and was wondering if and of you have any advice on how to get the connector into the plug. I have attempted to remove the plug, but found that there is a metal retainer holding the plug in place, I cant seem to get the retainer to move enough to release its tyranical hold on the plug. I also cant find the orientation of the connector the cable will plug into, so I dont know if the connector (being installed) is orientated correctly so I can give it more force to get it to clip into place.