Getting sticker off windscreen

silentandy

Last week I went to the Grand Prix and had to stick on the parking pass to the windscreen.

When I came to peel it off it just wouldn't budge and just teared.

I've had a hairdryer on it to try and get it off which did manage to get most of it but I'm now left with a big sticky patch. Any ideas what I can do to get it off?

Hello!

YOu can clay it, and you can try something solvent based like autoglym tar remover.

Just make sure you take an MF or old bath towel and place it on your dash board. The clay will have lube that might make a mess and the tar remover will stain!

I own an IT company and we refurbish some machines on goverment contracts. All badging is removed, we use clay bars and lube to remove 90% of the glue and then AG Tar remover to clean up the the rest and get the surface cleaned!

Geoff

LOL just realised its probably on the outside? Same rules apply, no need to protect the dash!

While your at it, clay your whole winscreen and clean the inside with window cleaner (not the green stuff) and then you will amazed at how great the view is! It will never have been so clean.

Geoff

I have always had a lot of success, with stickers that refuse to come off, by using a Stanley Blade bare. Make sure glass is as clean as possible around it and blade is spotless and brand new. Then hold at a very acute angle almost flush with the screen and gently slide back and forth with little pressure. Be careful or you can potentially scratch the glass.

Obviously be very careful with your fingers as I hold no responsibility for anyone who tries this with blatent disregard for self preservation! lol

Thanks for this - there are some patches on the inside of my screen where a windscreen fitter taped it up to hold it still while it bonded in place. 18 months on and I still haven't been able to get the marks off, so I'll try WD40, AG and clay.

+++

Last week I went to the Grand Prix and had to stick on the parking pass to the windscreen.

When I came to peel it off it just wouldn't budge and just teared.

:grin: whatever Silvertsone use for their window stickers is crazy stuff - especially if you leave on for too long like Lady T did, it almost bonds with the glass - she still has her centre pass from 2007 that hasn't completely come off!