Stop oil press stop motor

pritesh

hello people,

I need some help here please. I was driving this morning down the M6 and my dash board lit up with STOP OIL PRESS STOP MOTOR.

The car has recently only had a fresh oil change, in fact it had a full on service about 4000 miles ago. The car pulls fine, the engine has no abnormal noises or anything like that.

Car: VW Pasat Jan 2002, 1.8T 20V Sport Tiptronic; Miles: 833000.

Can any one tell me what this really is about, is it likley to be a sensor that has failed? a quick google shows that many a people have had this issue.

much appreciated guys.

P

I have just had this (June 2008) on my 2003 Passat 1.8T Tiptronic at 85K miles.

Driving at 30MPH light came on STOP OIL PRESS STOP MOTOR, so stopped. Checked oil level and it was fine. Tried to drive some more did not do it again until about 2 miles further on when it would not go off. Called RAC, they could not find anything, so took back to VW garage. They were not sure but insisted that there was "bad" oil in the system? Ended up flushing engine, replacing oil pump and oil pressure sensor, cost me £850.

Sorry I can not tell you which bit was faulty, but it has not done it since.

interesting...well I have flushed the engine and replaced the oil and oil filter at this moment in time. Im going to see how it goes. Since the car drives fine..if anything it drives even better since changing the oil. Thanks for the insight tho

Cheers

P