Here we go again - servicing costs...

Sponge

I've just had confirmation from Stoke that the service is £175. :)

As per previous e-mail the price will be £175 inc vat. No

hidden extras, the only potential extra cost would be any additional work

found during the serivce ie brakes/tyres etc. Any additional work would be

reported to you for authority.

Less than half the price of Liverpool! It looks like I'll be heading to Stoke again.

Edited by Sponge

• 3 weeks later...

So Liverpool Audi can drops their price by £80 just like that, Rip off Bas***ds !........

Me too will definately be trying Stoke Audi.

Good find Craig. +++

I called Liverpool Audi back and mentioned the Stoke price, they said it was very cheap, too cheap, and would only drop theirs to £280.

So service booked in at Stoke Audi. There'll be a new Avant waiting for me as a courtesy car.

Funny this Craig, but I got a letter from Liverpool Audi yesterday inviting me to join their 'Club Class', did you get one?

For others who may not have received a letter from their dealer, basically its for cars 3 years or older and they are offering servicng etc at cheaper prices than newer cars apparently !.

E.G. Servicing from £150 (Normally £245)

I wonder if they got the hint re the Stoke Audi price that was quoted...........

hi guys, dont know if this helps but for a 2nd avs service for 3.0tdi, audi chester quoted me £430. audi stoke quote £380 and audi stafford quoted £349.

5 seconds haggling with chester got it to £380, but they dont have wifi and are a bunch of pompous ****s so i went to stafford.

unfortunately i needed new brake disks(front)/pads(all round) and a few other things. even needed new reg plates as I'd fecked them somehow :grin:

final bill would have been 1K+ from stafford and 1200+ from chester. I paid 870. Still made me cry, but a bit less. :ffs:

funnily enough stafford put me new reg plates (free) to wind up branch principal of another dealership that lives round the corner from me :grin:

Well, car serviced and I'm happy. There was only one hiccup and that was that the showroom had moved and I didn't know. I'd followed my satnav to an empty building! Fortunately, there was a 'We've moved' sign and 20 minutes later I was at their new showroom. Very nice it is too.

We were served by a very nice young lady and handed the keys to a '08' A6 Avant S-Line 2.0TDI. It was a very nice car and made our A4 feel very small.

They initially said come back at 1700, but they called me at 1500 to say it was ready. We were back on the M6, heading home by 1630. The journey was uneventful, each way, and the 1hr 10 minutes passed very quickly. So the cost and time spent driving all the way to Stoke, and back, is worth while for the savings.

They also re-gassed my aircon at a reduced rate. But I don't want to say how much just in case it wasn't that good a deal. I'm happy living in ignorance, thinking I got a good offer. +++

Edited by Sponge

• 3 months later...
Well, car serviced and I'm happy. There was only one hiccup and that was that the showroom had moved and I didn't know. I'd followed my satnav to an empty building! Fortunately, there was a 'We've moved' sign and 20 minutes later I was at their new showroom. Very nice it is too.

We were served by a very nice young lady and handed the keys to a '08' A6 Avant S-Line 2.0TDI. It was a very nice car and made our A4 feel very small.

They initially said come back at 1700, but they called me at 1500 to say it was ready. We were back on the M6, heading home by 1630. The journey was uneventful, each way, and the 1hr 10 minutes passed very quickly. So the cost and time spent driving all the way to Stoke, and back, is worth while for the savings.

They also re-gassed my aircon at a reduced rate. But I don't want to say how much just in case it wasn't that good a deal. I'm happy living in ignorance, thinking I got a good offer. +++

Mine is due a service in Jan 45k on clock. Is Stafford still the one then for us Northwest folk?

I've recommended Stafford's ebay prices on here before but not used them myself until today. Today I had my A6 in at Stafford for a cambelt ( and water pump , thermostat, tensioners, ribbed and aircon belt) change and an oil service. Staffords price was less than both my local dealers would quote for just the basic cambelt change ( which didn't include extras such as water pump etc).

Car was booked in with ease via e-mail. Car dropped off at 8AM , loan car ready for me which service advisor came out and de-iced for me. Loan car was an A6 avant - like mine but newer model. Providing the same car or putting me in a car that i'd likely buy from Audi next when getting a service is such a simple point that it amazes me that dealers don't do it - I normally get an A3 or A4 saloon which is a waste as I'll never buy one as it's too small for my needs.

Picked up car tonight - was told it would be ready by 5pm - at 16:45 I got a call to say it was all done and ready ( don't recall the last time a dealers has called me to tell me my car is ready - I've always had to ring to find out despite asking them to let me know).

Got back to Stafford - dealt with by the same service advisor as this morning. He took the time to take me through the service ( despite it being 6pm and he having been there atleast 10 hours) , explained everything , was happy to talk next day if I had any questions, and then walked me out to my car which was parked out the front in customer bays that are kept for customers and not PDI cars ( again - never ever had this - usually left to wander round dealers yard on my own to find my pwn car at the end of a service).

All in all it has restored my faith in car dealers - it's how it should be and top marks to Stafford Audi and in particular to Andrew from the service team.

Thanks for the info nicknick. Looks as if you had a very good customer experience.

I usually put my car into Warrington Audi and to be fair they have been really good in the past. I will have to weigh up the pro's and con's between the two when I decide in January.

Glad yours went well !+++

=nicknick;1371325]I've recommended Stafford's ebay prices on here before but not used them myself until today. Today I had my A6 in at Stafford for a cambelt ( and water pump , thermostat, tensioners, ribbed and aircon belt) change and an oil service. Staffords price was less than both my local dealers would quote for just the basic cambelt change ( which didn't include extras such as water pump etc).

Car was booked in with ease via e-mail. Car dropped off at 8AM , loan car ready for me which service advisor came out and de-iced for me. Loan car was an A6 avant - like mine but newer model. Providing the same car or putting me in a car that i'd likely buy from Audi next when getting a service is such a simple point that it amazes me that dealers don't do it - I normally get an A3 or A4 saloon which is a waste as I'll never buy one as it's too small for my needs.

Picked up car tonight - was told it would be ready by 5pm - at 16:45 I got a call to say it was all done and ready ( don't recall the last time a dealers has called me to tell me my car is ready - I've always had to ring to find out despite asking them to let me know).

Got back to Stafford - dealt with by the same service advisor as this morning. He took the time to take me through the service ( despite it being 6pm and he having been there atleast 10 hours) , explained everything , was happy to talk next day if I had any questions, and then walked me out to my car which was parked out the front in customer bays that are kept for customers and not PDI cars ( again - never ever had this - usually left to wander round dealers yard on my own to find my pwn car at the end of a service).

All in all it has restored my faith in car dealers - it's how it should be and top marks to Stafford Audi and in particular to Andrew from the service team.

I had an interesting experience this week when I had to take my French registered Kangoo in for service here in the UK as the time/mileage had expired and the service light was on. I had intended to get it serviced some weeks ago where I live in France but had to leave and come back to the UK urgently due to two very sick and elderly parents. Anyway, trundled into the local Renault dealer and asked what the price would be for a 25k miles/40k Klms service would be so she typed the registration into the system and lo and behold all my details were there. So, "the price of the service will be £336 sir", can't be I said 'cos I was quoted less than €110 in France, "I'll have a word with the service manager" she says and while she was away I looked at the screen and the service was £336 for a car in warranty or £223 for a car out of warranty. Anyway, she comes back and says that they'll do it for £223 as it's out of it's French 2 year warranty but it would have had to be £336 if it was still in warranty. Had to have it done as I couldn't mess about but what a blooming cheek more expensive service if it's in warranty!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the Stafford Audi prices on eBay - dirt cheap, even better than Nationwide Autocentres for a Service 2 and Cambelt change for an A4 Avant TDI when I got a quote from them. To do this work Stafford quoted £510, where an Audi Centre in Berkshire quoted over £800 and came down to £575 after a brief discussion with the service manager. Another in Bucks (Where I usually go as they are excellent) price matched the £510 when they originally quoted £700. Delighted, as in 5 minutes I saved myself £190 and a trip to Stafford. Given the state of the economy it pays to shop around and ask for a price match :roflmao:And to boot they have a current offer of a £30 MOT with a service.