SatNav not auto-muting radio

DavidChester

Hi,

My wife's A3 is fitted with SatNaV plus.

When "Betty" is giving voice directions, the radio or CD does not mute as it does in my TTS.

I cannot seem to find any setting that is wrong in Setup but something seems to have happened to mess this up as it was working previously. I have tried resetting the SatNav to defaults and I have tried voice guidance on, off and auto!

Can someone please help?

Thanks

David

When "Betty" is giving voice directions, the radio or CD does not mute as it does in my TTS.

The behaviour depends on the volume that you have the radio,CD, etc set to.

If the radio/CD volume is fairly low then the volume is just reduced slightly while "Betty" talks, however if the radio/CD volume is higher then it will be greatly reduced or even muted while "Betty" talks.

There's no setting to change this behaviour, either on the RNS-E or with VAG-COM. This is how it is.

BTW we call ours "Jane" since she "talks posh"!

Ahh thanks for your help. I'll tell her to turn the radio up and see if that makes a difference!

Incidentally, I have always called her Betty (My Jag has one too) because "Bitchin' Betty" is what pilots call the woman who tells them to "Pull Up! Pull Up! Terrain!" etc. :) They give her a stern voice because people tend to ignore a soft sexy one!

Shame...

Incidentally, I have always called her Betty (My Jag has one too) because "Bitchin' Betty" is what pilots call the woman who tells them to "Pull Up! Pull Up! Terrain!" etc. :)

I have John Cleese on my TomTom Navigator 6 - which is good for a laugh except when you arrive at the destination when he tells you at least twice that he's "not going to help you with your bags"!

If the radio/CD volume is fairly low then the volume is just reduced slightly while "Betty" talks, however if the radio/CD volume is higher then it will be greatly reduced or even muted while "Betty" talks.

There's no setting to change this behaviour, either on the RNS-E or with VAG-COM. This is how it is.

BTW we call ours "Jane" since she "talks posh"!

Ok I have tried this now with the radio turned up and it is still not muted or quietened in any way when the SatNav speaks.

Any other ideas or is it a trip to my local Audi dealer?

Thanks

David