DSG manual mode

Decked

Can anyone tell me if you can reverse the DSG manual box?

I've been driving the car with the paddles most of the time but decided to try it out on manual (I was a little bored). I was surprised to find that up a gear was forward and down was down.... A bit annoying to be honest! Possibly something that I'd get used to, but I’m sure it's wrong....

Thanks

Up for up. Down for Down.

But it shouldn't really work like that.... yes it sounds logical but when ur braking hard into a bend and go manual everything is pushing forward therefore I'd expect the same direction to drop gears. I gues it'll take time to get used to! By the time I get used to it the new beast will arrive and thank god in manual! DSG is not for have-it mode!

I find the direction of travel to be intuitive as well, If you want to go faster you push forward, if you want to go slower you pull back. I use the paddles on the steering wheel anyway so doesn't make much difference.

I thought all automatics were like this and always have been, the only odd one out was the BMW SMG box who seem to have decided to go the opposite direction.

As most people haven't any experience in rally cars or touring cars I suspect thats why they kept it the same as most road cars.

Edited by mikemod

....You get used to it, as in all things if you allow yourself to do so.

It seems a waste of having DSG not to use the paddles anyway - All shifts are instantly under your finger tips as you hold the steering wheel. Even on full lock you can find a technique or then use the floor stick 'in emergency'. Or even pop her into S-mode and keep using the paddles within the 30 second periods.

The DSG offers so many great options imo.

New VW Scirocco 2.0T DSG Review - First impressions....

+++

....I'd love to do that too. I was trying it in S-mode but also using the paddles recently - That would be a cool combination. In fact I'd prefer not to have any time-out on it at all.

Or that would work too. I was out last night and 1min isn't long enough either. I may look into this!