Bluetooth phone priority setting

davyk31

UP until recently I only had one phone connected to my X3 Bluetooth and it connected immediately I started the car. Then I added my wife's phone and now hers connects immediately and mine will take about 30 secs even when her phone is not near the car. Problem is that when both phones are in the car then it will connect to hers when I would prefer my phone to connect. My 3 Series has a menu option to set phone priority but the X3 does not have anything like this. Anyone know how to sort this?

What bluetooth page are you referring to ? There isn't any menu option for the bluetooth. From what I have learned it gives priority to the last phone it was paired to in the initial process so I need to delete the pairings and enter them with my wifes first and then mine.

Just doing this from memory but on the main page (pushing the control down in the centre), it is one of the options at the bottom of the information heading I think. I thought that by clicking on one of the paired phones, you could change its priority.

PS Its not an issue for me anymore since my wife got an N95 8Gb as it doesn't appear to work in Beemers.

If you have iDrive then at the main screen/page, click i (centre), then SETTINGS, then scroll down to BLUETOOTH. You can then select a paired phone and move it up and down the priority list.

If you have Professional Single CD, then press the MENU button, then BC. Think there is then a menu button for priority.

HTH