Golf Pirelli

Troubles

Just picked mine up on monday :grin:, as far as i know i got one of the last ones available.

Was love at first sight haha

Got every option except the smoking pack as i dont smoke.

Heres pic on the day i picked it up

Glad to hear you're enjying the car. They've certainly got the rarity factor. +++

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edit... Oh and the premium bluetooth phone kit should be a dealer option, would have saved me a journey to portsmouth to get stu from octavia-vrs.com to fit it, who btw i cant praise enough for his skilled, methodical and most of all carefull working methods. ;)

What exactly does the premium bluetooth phone kit consist of? What kit do you need? Does it functions integrate the SatNav screen?

When I bought my Cupra R in 2002 it came with P-Zero Rosso tyres and I was really dissapponted with them in the wet. Although they did look the part with the P-Zero being red on the sidewall.

I changed over to Goodyear F1s and didn't look back

I think you are talking about the old p-zero's of 7 year ago (no red p-zero on my sidewalls, i would have been dissapointed for that reason alone!), there is new generation out now which are much improved and are the tyre of choice for some supercars, particularly for their wet performance.

there is a unit goes uder the drivers seat that connects to the main RNS-510 head unit, most functions of the phone i.e. last calls missed calls, phone book etc can be utilised using the touch screen or voice activated obviously without getting your phone out your pocket.

I presume the RNS510 the new touch screen unit? Do you know if this system works with the MFD2 satnav unit. Would I utilise my MFSW controls, or with this system, would they be defunct?

I presume the RNS510 the new touch screen unit? Do you know if this system works with the MFD2 satnav unit. Would I utilise my MFSW controls, or with this system, would they be defunct?

Am 99% sure this also works with MFD2 ;) and yes all functions on the MFSW are utilised inc mute, voice dialing and answer call.

You will need a phone that has Rsap (remote sim access protocol or something) built in, some work better than others. a have attached a list in pdf format which i found of compatible phones. A2DP (in the list) refers to a way of playing mp3's you have on your phone through the car stereo, not sure if this only works on the RNS-510 though.

I had my unit supplied and installed by Stu from octavia-vrs.com, you can contact him at [email protected] 'The current price of the kit is £230 and fitting £75. You should also budget £15 for a couple of additional connectors that will make the installation neater.'

or if u feel brave you can do the install yourself Octavia-vRS.com - OEM Integrated Bluetooth Telephone Install

Hope this helps you

phone compativility.pdf

I think you are talking about the old p-zero's of 7 year ago (no red p-zero on my sidewalls, i would have been dissapointed for that reason alone!), there is new generation out now which are much improved and are the tyre of choice for some supercars, particularly for their wet performance.

To be honest they were on a lot of Supercars 7 years ago as well with all the associated hype but I've not tried any recently so I'll take your word that they have improved.

Tyres are a very subjective subject so it's best to be individual and go with what you like that suits you driving style and car.

Am 99% sure this also works with MFD2 ;) and yes all functions on the MFSW are utilised inc mute, voice dialing and answer call.

You will need a phone that has Rsap (remote sim access protocol or something) built in, some work better than others. a have attached a list in pdf format which i found of compatible phones. A2DP (in the list) refers to a way of playing mp3's you have on your phone through the car stereo, not sure if this only works on the RNS-510 though.

I had my unit supplied and installed by Stu from octavia-vrs.com, you can contact him at [email protected] 'The current price of the kit is £230 and fitting £75. You should also budget £15 for a couple of additional connectors that will make the installation neater.'

or if u feel brave you can do the install yourself Octavia-vRS.com - OEM Integrated Bluetooth Telephone Install

Hope this helps you

Thanks, CS, that's really good of you. +++ I've emailed Stu.

• 2 weeks later...
Just picked mine up on monday :grin:, as far as i know i got one of the last ones available.

Was love at first sight haha

Got every option except the smoking pack as i dont smoke.

Heres pic on the day i picked it up

Nice nice. It's been a while since I've been away from this forum....probably because I have been so busy enjoying my new car. Yes thats right new car but not the Golf Pirelli as we all know those cars are like gold dust or they either have a low spec that comes with some silly vw dealer trying to fob you off with one! So I got the new shape Audi S3.....OMG the power is fantastic and the Quattro..beautiful :-) I love driving it :-)

I have full top spec, everything such as bose system, multifunction wheel, parking senors, GSM mobile prep, DVD Sat nav, full leathers with bucket seats, rain senors, cruise control, and the list goes on and on. The only additional things I did was put my private plate on it, tinted it out and drove that baby like a dream :-)

So I guess its goodbye to the Pirelli and this thread and hello to meaty sexy Audi S3 and Audi S3 threads.

Thanks for you advice guys.

Nice nice. It's been a while since I've been away from this forum....probably because I have been so busy enjoying my new car. Yes thats right new car but not the Golf Pirelli as we all know those cars are like gold dust or they either have a low spec that comes with some silly vw dealer trying to fob you off with one! So I got the new shape Audi S3.....OMG the power is fantastic and the Quattro..beautiful :-) I love driving it :-)

I have full top spec, everything such as bose system, multifunction wheel, parking senors, GSM mobile prep, DVD Sat nav, full leathers with bucket seats, rain senors, cruise control, and the list goes on and on. The only additional things I did was put my private plate on it, tinted it out and drove that baby like a dream :-)

So I guess its goodbye to the Pirelli and this thread and hello to meaty sexy Audi S3 and Audi S3 threads.

.....So where are the PICS..:Slap:

Hope you got the DSG box with that? it is well worth the extra £££s!

Just got this reply back from VW uk today when i asked how many Pirelli Golfs have been sold

Good Afternoon,

At the end of October 141 Golf GTI Pirelli's have been sold in the UK

Regards

Stephen McNeill

Volkswagen Enquiry Management

Bloody Hell! Scared to drive it now incase i bend it haha

WOW, that is a small number. Still don't think i've seen one in the metal. Probably won't either! I can't imagine them shifting many more in the UK either.

Demand a plaque like the Ed 30 chaps :P:grin:

WOW, that is a small number. Still don't think i've seen one in the metal. Probably won't either! I can't imagine them shifting many more in the UK either.

Demand a plaque like the Ed 30 chaps :P:grin:

Well, I did enquire about that also and got this reply back...

There may be a numbered plaque available in the near future as most limited edition Volkswage models release a numbered plaque, but at current there is no news of this yet.

Probably luck if 20 owners get our heads together and 'demand' our plaque. Not exactly swamp them like ED30 owners haha but worth pushing for it!

Come on who's with me? There's only me here! haha

Do you ED30 owners actualy have your plaque yet, as i have heard conflicting reports?

chiefsausage count me in on the pirelli plaque front, broke the news to other half regarding numbers, think she will never let me get hold of the keys, our spec is manual 5 door (other half not a fan) with a few boxes ticked, our dealer had one on order as their demo but let us change the spec and bag it, they were gutted they had not ordered another, we ordered july and have seen very few gtis at all on 58 plates, appears the credit crunch may have done us a favour as they tendered to be factory orders and the vw used car site does not have many showing

intersting the comment on the s3, and a nice spec, that was my first choice until i found out about a3 depreciation, so went for a scirocco as an interim measure until they bring out an 'r' version

• 4 months later...
When I bought my Cupra R in 2002 it came with P-Zero Rosso tyres and I was really dissapponted with them in the wet. Although they did look the part with the P-Zero being red on the sidewall.

I changed over to Goodyear F1s and didn't look back

Well it seems I stand corrected....:bow:

Put a set of Goodyear F1 Asymetric's on last week, WOW much better :-) wet and dry. And I only got 6000 miles out of the Pirelli's.

So its a bit Ironic that I have a set of Goodyears on a Pirelli GTI haha. Functionality is better that asthetics imho

• 3 weeks later...
Well it seems I stand corrected....:bow:

Put a set of Goodyear F1 Asymetric's on last week, WOW much better :-) wet and dry. And I only got 6000 miles out of the Pirelli's.

So its a bit Ironic that I have a set of Goodyears on a Pirelli GTI haha. Functionality is better that asthetics imho

chief sausage, was looking at the tyre wear on ours and fronts down to 4mm in 8,000 miles, i was a bit shocked as SWMBO drives it normally so it ain't exactly caining it, the pirellis on the roc which has done 12,000 had more tread, car is developing more power and thrashed in comparison, thank got i got the SMT package on the GTI

• 6 months later...
May have to wait a while till more owners are on board, you never know we might ammount to 5 or 6 by xmas :ffs: Haha

Just joined this site and feeling slightly geeky.....don't get me wrong, love my cars but haven't really considered myself enough of a a petrol head to join a forum like this - guess I'm delusional!!!! Anyway the reason for the post is that I've recently got a Pirelli, same as yours though with 5 doors and a manual box (I've a six year old daughter who thinks Daddy's gone a brought a rocket car) and I've been searching to find out if VW have/are issuing number plaques as per your thread. It's great to hear only 141 have been made (if that's the true figure). Mine was registered in Dec '08 so must be one of the last I guess, though must confess apart from my one and those advertised on the VW website I've yet to see anther one on the road. I'd also be interest from anyone who's had their RNS510 unit upgrade for Bluetooth compatibility as I know of a few Internet suppliers but would like to heard from people who've had it done (and importantly, where do they install the mic? Is it discreet?).

Does that all sound geeky enough?????

Hi Sounds just like a golf - welcome to TSN.

As far as I know VW haven't and don't plan to issue plates for the Pirelli GTI. They do seem to be a rare sight and on some specific GTI forums some reckon they will be sought after when old (like the MK1 campaign models).

Not sure about your bluetooth. I had a double din Kenwood nav thingy put in which has bluetooth as the standard sound system was poor. The mic is just above the rear view mirror.

If you use the search facility you wil l probably bring up some interesting stuff previously posted on GTI's and the Pirelli edition +++

Thanks for the post TT - I'll do a bit more trawling through the forums to see what I can dig up. I did some while back email VW via their web site asking about 'plates' for the Pirelli but got nothing back - don't know if that's typical of VW but certainly not helpful.

With regards to the bluetooth, I've found a web site - OEMRetrofits.co.uk who do bluetooth fitting for the RNS510 using components from a European company called FISCON Mobile which apparently is better than what VW provide.....my research will continue before I part with any money!

• 4 weeks later...
May have to wait a while till more owners are on board, you never know we might ammount to 5 or 6 by xmas :ffs: Haha

Thanks for your support +++

chiefsausage.....where you at with that list? Spoke to VW a few weeks back and the very unhelpful lady said there were no plans (as far as she was aware of) to issue plaques for Pirelli ownersicon8.gif....so you can count me in! By the way can you tell me where the mic for you bluetooth install has been mounted? Is it discret? (Doing some research into where to get an install done for my RNS510 unit). Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...