Newbie & I'm officially in love !

Shooms

Wow ! :eek:

Had a Dubbz & Audi fleet roadshow at work today & have to say I fell for the 'Rocco hook line & sinker... :D

Company cars in my package price range were previously Golfs / A3s... & for that I was more than happy to take the cash & keep my privately-owned very bespoke 306 cabriolet (with a V6 lump added up front) & was perfectly happy with it...

however when I saw that Scirocco today it was an instant gut reaction - I NEEDED to have it.

I'm looking at the following options on the 2.0 GT Trim:

Panoramic sunroof

Vienna black leather

DVD Navigation with Dynaudio

Salsa Red

Couple of quezzies...

Is this Salsa red ? If not what is it ?

Volkswagen-Scirocco.jpg

Also how punchy & bassy is Dynaudio ? I DJ so audio quality is extremely important to me.

I'm not going for the 6 CD changer as will load all my tunes onto the 30GB HD... however I guess there's a single DVD / CD slot otherwise ?

Is the multi-media steeing wheel an optional extra as I couldn't see it on the Dub official site ?

Finally I see the exterior debadge option is free - guessing this is for the bonnet ? Personally I think a debadged bonnet looks much meaner - it's what I've got on my 306 cabby...

301ne6h.jpg

Thanks in advance for any & all feedback :)

That's a show car colour called Firespark. Salsa red isn't quite so deep or sparkly.

Looks like this

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/Jimmy23VR5/Photo318.jpg

I haven't tried it but apparently the dynaudio is very good.

The multifunction wheel is standard. You can control volume and the display between the dials.

The debadge option is for the engine/model ID on the boot.

DSG has a couple of modes.

You can put it into D and drive as a normal auto but it kicks down instantly if you stab your right foot. You can also override the current gear with +/- paddles behind the steering wheel. You can also drive in fully paddle mode. There's also an S (sport) mode which holds it in gear pretty much to the red line before it changes up.

If you're after a test drive, look for a black car. The black dealer demos are all DSG (with the roof). The blues are manual. I can't remember what the white ones are. I think DSG but I'm not 100% sure.

That's a show car colour called Firespark. Salsa red isn't quite so deep or sparkly.

Looks like this

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/Jimmy23VR5/Photo318.jpg

I haven't tried it but apparently the dynaudio is very good.

The multifunction wheel is standard. You can control volume and the display between the dials.

The debadge option is for the engine/model ID on the boot.

DSG has a couple of modes.

You can put it into D and drive as a normal auto but it kicks down instantly if you stab your right foot. You can also override the current gear with +/- paddles behind the steering wheel. You can also drive in fully paddle mode. There's also an S (sport) mode which holds it in gear pretty much to the red line before it changes up.

If you're after a test drive, look for a black car. The black dealer demos are all DSG (with the roof). The blues are manual. I can't remember what the white ones are. I think DSG but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks for the reply mate - appreciated.... that Salsa is a tad dull :( Rethink ahoy.... possible oldskool candy white (providing I can get Vienna white leather).

Sacking off the DSG in favour of a manual shift too I reckon...

Hi Shoomy

You won't get white leather! The only colours available are black or truffle!

The DSG is, as correctly described above, the better option, the gearchange is so smooth if you have Dynaudio too and cant hear the engine you wont even feel it change gear! As for holding the biting point you can do this on the brake pedal or the optional auto hold feature whcih when used is an auto handbrake!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...