Scirocco Ipod Adapter

DOTSnutter

Hey guys first post, and why not start with a question,

I picked up my new Scirocco Tuesday and the stereo only came with a USB connector but there was no Ipod connector, has anyone else bought one of these yet and did yours come with both adapters....?

I'm haveing a mare with VW at the mo who are trying to get me to buy it when it clearly states in the brochure and website that the car come with it as standard!

Thanks

Mark

It should be a standard item. Don't pay for it.

To quote a poster on another scirocco site....

What should happen is that VW send 1 for each vehicle that is sold {usually to the parts dept} so your salesman/woman should then put it in the car for you.

Edited by Pumazooma

Thanks for the quick response, I was hoping that would be the case, as I really have given VW UK some grief on this, at one stage they even tried to deny all knowledge that the part existed, until the dealer gave me a part number to give them.

They also told my main dealer that it was an option which I had to pay for, VW UK have opened a case file for me and have told me it could take till Monday before they can supply me with an answer. An answer on a part which I have paid for and quite clearly states in the brochure that it comes with the car!!!!

If this is what I can expect from the after sales from VW baring in mind I collected it Tuesday and still dont even have the rear mats for the car, I'm inclined to reject the car and go back to Honda, who have always been superb and looked after me.

Its a shame as this really has tarnished my opinion of the brand! To be fair this in no way reflects on Abridge (Loughton) as a dealer its out of their hands and the salesman who has sold me the car hasn't been impressed by this affair either,

Has anyone else had problems with VW aftersales or am I just unlucky this time around?

I don't know which is worse the fact that your salesman or dealer as a whole doesn't know about this or the fact you have had to actually open a case with customer service. Tell the salesman to read the bulletin on 'desktop' that he received two months ago about this and get your cable.

I don't know which is worse the fact that your salesman or dealer as a whole doesn't know about this or the fact you have had to actually open a case with customer service. Tell the salesman to read the bulletin on 'desktop' that he received two months ago about this and get your cable.

I did just that and got the cable!! Thank you very much, I'd buy you a beer or two if you were local :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to gatecrash the thread but does anyone know how the Ipod Integration works with the standard touchscreen audio and also with the Nav system? Presumably as the standard audio allows connection via USB/ipod lead to an ipod it picks up track names, artists, playlists, skip to next track etc on the head unit? Does it also pick up cover art?

How does this compare with via the optional sat nav? It looks like the iPod connection here is only possible via Aux in (please correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm guessing you won't get any track info, playback options etc if you go for the Sat Nav?

Just in the process of speccing up so it would be good to know (umming and ahhing over whether I need sat nav!!)

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my Scirocco on Friday. I was under the same impression that it came with an ipod lead. looking under the arm rest i located the media adapter and used my USB lead that came with my ipod to connect. I cannot however get this to work. Either my ipod harddrive is too big and has too many tracks on it (30 gig) or I am missing the correct lead as mentioned above.

Dotsnutter - can you post the part number as this would help me. thanks

Craig

You should have received a seperate Ipod cable.

Ask your dealer to check the bulletin from Volkswagen to dealers only, using the ‘Desktop’ communication suite on Aug 14th; ref. no. 0510-08.

It is free and should be supplied with the car and was all explained to them in the bulletin above.

I picked up my Scirocco on Friday. I was under the same impression that it came with an ipod lead. looking under the arm rest i located the media adapter and used my USB lead that came with my ipod to connect. I cannot however get this to work. Either my ipod harddrive is too big and has too many tracks on it (30 gig) or I am missing the correct lead as mentioned above.

Dotsnutter - can you post the part number as this would help me. thanks

As Bagwafu has said matey, they'll sort you out as for capacity there is no limit, lots of people are opting for a 250GB media drive using the USB connector over the Ipod