Got One

MiguelMcTyson

Hello again all, picked up my Black Beauty today and had the pleasure of a 4 hour drive to get aquainted on the way home, mostly motorway unfortunately.

Was over the moon to discover it had ipod dock in arnrest as I had mine on me from the train ride but couldn't get the blasted thing to work, don't supose there is a pdf instruction or something simple I'm doing wrong?

The spec is 07 Plate 5 door ED30, Privacy glass and Sat Nav, not sure what else was an extra or standard spec, it's manual with cloth and leather combo seats, heated, heated mirrors etc.

To dark for pics now but when she's had her first clean I will post.

cd 6 selects all the ipod contents, 1-5 playlists can be used if you have a vague idea what is in each playlist. but tbh i just use cd 6, as you cannot see album/ track etc, so as long as you like the tracks on the ipod, you can have hours of musical entertainment.

once connected, the ipod should have a "vw" icon on the screen.

congratulations on the new toy. you will love it - just watch out for the BIB.

F-P

Thanks guys but i think this kaput, the system is acting as if no changer is conecting, tried 2 ipods, they are charging but no vw badge.

Out of interest can you get an extender cable so you could hold ipod in hand to select tracks? or is that a dumb question.

Also can I get an OEM bluetooth retrofit that doesnt involve having a stupid cradle on show?

Looks like you've driven quite a few nice cars - When your more familiar with her, I'd be interested to know how your GTI compares.

I feel 21 again, transported me straight back to my old front wheel drive fIAT Uno Turbo days, only nothing dropped off and all the buttons work!

In comparison to the Z4M it's obviously down on power and visual drama but in terms of fun and usability particularly on the wet round-a-bouts of Milton Keynes today definitely better.

I love the look of the ED30 especially in black, and I managed a 4 hour drive home and was fresh as a daisy after, then I picked up the kids and went to mcdonalds a great all rounder!

Just need to sort out this ipod and get some Bluetooth sorted. Any gti owner meets near me?