OUCH! This must hurt!

Mook

There's well sorted M5s on there for £35K - they've just tumbled in value over the past few months. First the oil price scare, then the climate nuts, now the financial uncertainty.

A bit like the RS6 is now. £70K car, most of them being spec'd to over £80K new. Give them a year and they'll be selling for £50K. 2010 will see a 2008 car selling for about £25-30K I reckon.

2005 55 REG BMW M5 MET PEARL SILVER GREY on eBay (end time 20-Oct-08 22:52:04 BST)

And it's from a dealer, so it will have been part ex'd somewhere. And that was, what, £60K new :eek:

Wait another 6-12 months and they'll be down to £20K +++

A 6 car showroom. Ranging from a £3K Pug to a £30K M5. That's a range and a half!

And a cheap M5 - only 33K miles too. Not even worn in!

Its not that cheap at all. I have seen loads of similar M5s on for low 30s. They have almost certainly gone for that and less.

So much car for the money but the economy continues to fall off a cliff and no one knows how far its got to fall. I bet you could get that car for £27 - £28k cash.

Same sort of cars will be one for £25k or less in January when things really start to bite.

Its threads like this that make me frantically view pistonheads and autotrader for these types of cars.

If I was ridiculously hard up I would stick with the 2.0tdi, but the excitement of an M5 or the like always mows my lawn!

The porker will go in the new year as we buy our new house but trading in the Audi for a slightly better car (with performance) would be something I'd like to entertain but we will see what hapens.

I too could not believe the price of the 997 Porkers - low £40k's for such an awsome car - I think I saw some mid £30k's as well!

From one of my mates who is in the oil business he keeps warning me to stay away from any car thats got a big engine because of the tax now and what is coming! I don't always believe everything I hear but he is in the know - but paying £400 for our porker isnt a huge hit - but if it was £800 for example now that would pi$$ me off as a one off payment!!

Tone

Heard of an R8 changing hands today for £58k!!! 8k miles on a 57 plate.

How the worm has turned!! [/Two Ronnies mode off]

There's 119 of them on the Auto trader site.. starting from £65,000.. (so deals to be done!)

suddenly people are shedding the excess in their lives.

Horrible colours on both those m5s. You can pick these up for £25k now anyway, as always very colour spec sensitive, more now than ever.

So much car for the money but many buying at these prices will have little appreciation of what they will cost to run.

Will be sub 20k next year and thats well and truley idiot territory. That will be scary the boy racer brigade running round with 500bhp on tap.

Horrible colours on both those m5s. You can pick these up for £25k now anyway, as always very colour spec sensitive, more now than ever.

So much car for the money but many buying at these prices will have little appreciation of what they will cost to run.

Will be sub 20k next year and thats well and truley idiot territory. That will be scary the boy racer brigade running round with 500bhp on tap.

You think driver skill increases with wallet size... HA

You already have the older generation M5's/M3's with 280 BHP+ doing the rounds at low prices. And technically, they are scarier with less gizmos to keep the driver on the road.