A couple of quick questions...

AudiPartner

Re the tyres, I use Autoglym tyre dressing - when the tyres are still damp after you've washed the car (but not wet), spray some onto a damp cloth and then run the cloth round the tyre. Keep rubbing until you've got decent coverage then leave it. It seems to last loads longer and you don't end up with overspray on the wheels.

Hi!

There are no quick detailers you can just buy that are cheap im afraid :(. You can look on ebay and buy the Clay Magic lube for about £2.99 a bottle, it was £1.99 a bottle before! Check the MLs to make sure its the cheapest option though.

TBH in the long run your best off buying a bottle of QD in the 1 gallon containers, you *should* apply it when the car is wet and you are drying as it helps the towel slide. It also adds shines and acts as a rinse agent! Last Touch from Meguiars is cheap and popular though not the best costs £17.99.

For a claylube you can always use car shampoo and water. There are a couple of ways you can do this; mix the car shampoo in a bottle at the normal dilituion ration or just mix a bucket of lubie car shampoo at the right dilution. Run your wash mitt over half a panel then rub your clay over it.

Dont use the above method on a dirty car before you have rinsed though! If the bar wont slide then its probably not a lubie enough car shampoo. The car shampoo might end up drying on the car and windows which is a pain, the shampoo can degrade the clay bar.

Geoff

i use autosmart reglaze now for clay lube. i think 1L was about £20 or there about but it dilutes down to about 20L for claying purposes so lasts AGES!

Re tyres anything i apply gets buffed to remove excess at the end of the detail. I have a couple of old dirty MF cloths just for this (as the tyre stuff will wreck the MF so dont want to go using new ones!). This stios it flinging up the arches and sides of the car. Also tyr not to drive the car for an hour or so after application anyway so it dries on properly.

I forgot your bit about tyreshine! Anything with a gel like consistancy will generally last longer, anything you spray on the tyre tends to make a mess.

Personally favorites of mine that are durable and look good:

Wolfgang Tyre Gel

Pinnicle Tyre Gel

Sonus Tire and Trim

Polycharged 4* Tire dressing (just got this)

Poorboys Bold n Bright is a water based one which is nice but doesnt have much lasting power.

Geoff