BMW BCA auctions

davyk31

Does anyone have access to detailed spec lists for cars going through BCA open BMW auctions. I am interested in an X5 and would like to know more detail on a car going in the auction on the 12 Nov. The list of lots can be seen on their site but this just gives colour, miles, reg date etc but no detail of spec.

Alternatively I have the reg number, does anyone have access to a system that gives the full spec. BMW used to give this by email but now you need to call a premium rate number and as there may be a number of cars that could become a pain to use too often.

THats a bit of a pain as live very far from the auction and am very particular about the spec I want. I have seen posted here before more detailed lists people have got for the auctions but maybe you need to pay for this. Also the reg search should be possible to show extras if anyone has access to the BMW system.

BCA aution view doesn't give any more info than the catalogue entries, which are free 48 hours before the auction.

Auctions are a lottery, but do consider that they are selling volume and selling it 15%+ below retail.

Best thing to do is set a day or two, go to one of the BMW special sale days when there's 5+ vehicles that could interest you.

Consider that most of the sub 18 month old stock is ex BMW employee scheme or ex accident exchange. You can then understand why some cars will be a bit away from totally loaded.

I'd PM Gareth and give him you spec, he is part of the inner circle and may well find the right car via his network of spotters at auctions, on the day.

Naturally he'd want a commission, but if you haven't the time or the energy it's likely to be the only sensible solution to the problem.

So how do you know if the car at the auction is ex accident damage. Is that listed in the catalogue. Have seen several listed as finance repos etc but is it just buyer beware as regards whether it has been smashed or not.

Be wary of finance repos. If they haven't had the money to spend on the payments, they won't have spent money on servicing or generally looking after the car.

We are pretty lucky and in 12 years of me being in the game we have only ever repossessed 3 cars! (although that might go up given how things are at the moment!)

My mate who works for another finance company always has a yard full of absolute sheds!