Remapping Golf Gti

theybe

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope just the ones that are mentioned, i think the uprated pump and 2.75" Milltek downpipe let loose some hidden horses. It only has one cat instead of 2.

Did you notice much of a difference with the twintercooler as one of these may be on my shopping list in the future? Although i've got a few things I want to do before that.

I own a Octavia vRS II 2.0 TFSI. With just a remapp i could not get over 236bhp no matter how much the map was tweaked. Most revo cars are giving 236bhp on average. I then got a full Milltek, EVOM's air intake, uprated autotech fuel pump and a Forged twintercooler and got the map tweaked again. On the same RR that gave 236bhp it now produces 288bhp.

I have heard about a fuel pump upgrade, can you point me in the right direction please? +++

Did you notice much of a difference with the twintercooler as one of these may be on my shopping list in the future? Although i've got a few things I want to do before that.

I more or less put all the stuff on at once so i can say what difference it had made but from what i'm seeing cars with 280bhp+ have some sort of IC upgrade. At the very least it should be beneficial when warm weather comes less heat soak.

@Shark_90 heres a whole thread with lots of info:

Hi Volume Fuel Pump & Stage II+ - 2.0TFSI - BRISKODA - The Skoda Forums

I have heard about a fuel pump upgrade, can you point me in the right direction please? +++

Revo offer an uprated HP fuel pump designed to run with their software. Other tuners and suppliers must be able to offer a similar product?

Here's Autotech's: Autotech Sport Tuning - Engine-Fuel Injection, FSI High Volume Fuel Pump, Co Mixture Tool, EHA Test Harness

and Revo's: Revo Technik News | Stage2+ k03

I've budgeted for the stage 2 software and hardware upgrade in February (roll-on Feb!), which will include an upgraded fuel pump similar no doubt to what Micky 32 is making reference to. I'll post a thread thereafter. +++

BHP on the Mk3 is about 115 IIRC. 0-60 is high 8 seconds. There's no cheap tweaks to make to it to get it to go quicker. The best conversion to make a shed load of difference is a 1.8 turbo engine conversion, but you'll need at least £2K to do it properly.

• 2 weeks later...

just read this thread which is one of the best regarding remapping without the b#llox that some people talk, good to see the differences between the players objectively discussed

the pirelli is staying standard but was considering the bluefin option for the roc and torque line would suit its use

seems to be a lot of rubbish talked about bluefin without much supporting evidence

^^^^

wigit - VWR (VW Racing) are currently building two Scirocco track cars which are being remapped by Superchips - Will be at the Autosport Show soon.

Also, I believe that Revo are currently developing a 'Rocco map.

Both are well established tuners with good aftersales support.

There have been issues with Bluefin but SC have solved them very well according to our discussions on a separate dedicated forum (I'm not allowed to link publicly here! :rolleyes:).

I hope this helps +++

I have nothing but praise for the Bluefin, been running it now for two years and the car is still a thrill to drive and the linear torque delivery makes it a pleasure to drive.

Never had any problems and I still have the original factory DV fitted which I was told would fail within weeks of the upgrade.

The only time I have seen critism of Bluefin was by one person who seems be on a one man crusade to rubbish the product all other people I know who have installed it have been more than happy.

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW to anyone interested - Superchips rolling roaded my car as standard at 229bhp.

Their first Stage one remap was a 'lower' torque version than their later and newest Stage one map. The graphs are attached for both maps.

I am very happy with the maps and their service :)

Compared to standard the car goes really well on the lower torque map and like stink on the higher torque one :grin:

post-18995-137914426286_thumb.jpg

post-18995-137914426292_thumb.jpg

Good power incerases there with both maps. Which will you settle for?

Don't have to settle for one .... I have both :grin:

Superchips emailed them both to me so I can load either into the Bluefin device and then put it onto the car. In addition I can also still revert to standard - not that I see me doing that .....

At the moment I have the lower torque remap on the car as it gives the TC less of a hard time in this weather. Once dry and warm I will load up the high torque remap as it is alot more :eek:

As to which I end up using more - can't say yet as both are great :)