New Cayman Pictures and Specs

_Tone_

Black and White.

Not quite sure when they will release this but there seems to be enough updates to justify buying one - $50k for standard and $60k for an S. I suspect we will be paying the same in £, although the way the £ is going it may be cheaper to buy here soon (he hopes!).

Black and White.

Glad to see things like bluetoth car kit uprated powerplants and LED's!

Tone

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Just went to the first dealer launch in Oz tonight and looked at a racing yellow manual and a white PDK - both optioned up the wazoo. Showbags and all!!! +++

The manual shift feels like that old cliche of a rifle bolt, slick, and a very direct mechanical clack as you move through the gate. The PDK is probably one of the best in dual clutch systems in the world (I think the 991 7 speed is possibly the best), but the overarching feeling you get is that the car is wrapped around you. Strangely is has less space in the internal storage (central console and door bins) than my 987 Boxster did...

Personally I think it looks more stunning in white than the yellow, which is much more "lemony" in tint than the old speed yellow (which had an orange tinge to the yellow). Both cars were on 20" rims, so no real chance to compare a bog standard wheel setup.

Sitting near a new silver 991, the Cayman is immediately a smaller car to look at (and in reality) and I think the car looks a bit more muscular than say a C2S, as the lines are a little sharper/edgier. Bruce Lee versus Jean Claude VD if you get my drift...

Starting price is about $160,000.00 Aust. for a Cayman S, less for the non-S.

Well worth a look and a test drive if you want could be the ultimate 2 seat sports car of the moment.