Lexus 48 hour test drive !

theduisbergkid

Here I am, looking at those trees I cut down last month, and wondering how they'll fit in the Beemer's boot to take to the tip. Then I think of how I really ought to take the kids to see their great-grandparents but can't be arsed with the long drive on filthy Lincolnshire roads in the family Scenic at this time of year. Aaaand there's that gearbox I bought and never got round to collecting as its a pig to manhandle... and then, there's Lexus with their 48 hour test drive, no questions asked. RX400h ? That'll do nicely.... :grin:

48 Hours with a Lexus

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maserati gave me 4 days in a 4200 once, which was long enough to persuade me that I didn't like it. A quick test drive would have given me entirely the wrong impression.:grin:

BMW gave me 48 hours in a 745i when the previous 7 was launched. Fun, but not my kind of car.:cool:

Last time I changed, BMW gave me a 535d Touring over a long weekend, but that was from a dealer that I have a long and good history with (4 high spec new cars + servicing over 9 years). That was great - I'd already decided on the 535d saloon in fact, but there were two huge old fridges in the garage that I'd never managed to get rid of. :roflmao:

TDK - you've got a good list of jobs there; go for the RX! And if you hit 250 miles, just keep schtum and look interested in the car +++

Really? How did you buy your last car? I doubt you had 200 miles and an entire weekend in it did you?

The last four cars I've bought (with the exception of the VX) were based on at least a weekend loan and longer still when they were company cars of the exact or similar model. I wouldn't spend £25k+ of my own money not knowing whether I could live with it after a 3+ hour (my office is 180 miles away) journey or having been stuck in stop/start traffic for fair period of time. Sorry, but I can't afford to make that kind of mistake and leave myself with a car I didn't like for whatever reason.

Here I am, looking at those trees I cut down last month, and wondering how they'll fit in the Beemer's boot to take to the tip. Then I think of how I really ought to take the kids to see their great-grandparents but can't be arsed with the long drive on filthy Lincolnshire roads in the family Scenic at this time of year. Aaaand there's that gearbox I bought and never got round to collecting as its a pig to manhandle... and then, there's Lexus with their 48 hour test drive, no questions asked. RX400h ? That'll do nicely.... :grin:

48 Hours with a Lexus

This should confirm your thoughts on 4x4s..........Lets hope they give you a white one.:grin:

• 3 weeks later...

48 Hours with a Lexus

It's people like you that really piss me off. As a Lexus Main Dealer, I have to put up with rubbish like you wasting my bloody time and expecting me to bend over backwards to accomodate your every wish. The motor trade is tough at the moment and we can well do without vermin like you f***ing us about. I suggest that next time you go to the tip you take your BMW and your Scenic with you and leave them there you cock.

Let this be a warning to any other jokers who can't afford to buy a quality prestige vehicle, us dealers have had enough of your crap and you will be chased out of our showrooms and back to your hovells where you belong. you TIT!

But only 200 miles in the 48 hours allowed. :(

What fecking use is that if you are serious about buying one. Unless the car's a total abortion that you can't stand instantly, it'll likely take a 200+ mile journey on a motorway and A roads to know if it's for you.

Here we go again, what a bloody surprise, it's an Audi driver!!! to quote Jeremy Clarkson " all Audi drivers are cocks" and this is clearly the case with you my friend. I suggest you shut up and look forward to huge service bills and piss poor service next time you go to your dealer.

It's people like you that really piss me off. As a Lexus Main Dealer, I have to put up with rubbish like you wasting my bloody time and expecting me to bend over backwards to accomodate your every wish. The motor trade is tough at the moment and we can well do without vermin like you f***ing us about. I suggest that next time you go to the tip you take your BMW and your Scenic with you and leave them there you cock.

Let this be a warning to any other jokers who can't afford to buy a quality prestige vehicle, us dealers have had enough of your crap and you will be chased out of our showrooms and back to your hovells where you belong. you TIT!

Busted ! :grin:

Who says I can't afford one ?

ETA - You'll love the Independent's suggestion then : Free for all: The delights of window shopping - Features, Fashion - The Independent

Edited by theduisbergkid

You're doing yourself LOADS of favours Mr Maindealer (if indeed that's who you are).

Go on, call me a cock as well. I drive a feckin Skoda!!

The point I am trying to make is that for us dealers, things are very tough at the moment and we are having to make many of our staff redundant which is a very painful thing to do. When we get a new enquiry we like to think that it will lead to a sale and we put all our energy and effort into trying to do the best deal we can for the customer. It is annoying that we are now getting enquiries for test drives from people who just want to abuse our offers and our vehicles. We have had several instances this week which have lead to serious enquiries being lost due to people not bringing cars back on time and filthy dirty and empty of fuel. We want to help genuine people and assist them with the purchase of their new vehicle and not be messed about by people with no real interest. It is soul destroying to sit in an empty showroom fighting for survival and being taken advantage of by people with nothing better to do than waste a dealers time and resources.

Clearly not rushed off your feet by the stampede of buyers in your showroom, if you can afford the time to vent your spleen on here.

Hopefully your attitude to customers arriving at your showroom in direct competitors cars doesn't show through, as I'm not sure you calling them cocks is quite as amusing, as when Clarkson does.

FWIW, before ordering my replacement A4 I drove 35 miles to my closest Lexus dealer to have a closer look at an IS250 Sport, as I'd always quite liked the previous generation IS. Thoroughly underwhelming it was too.

Good luck for the coming 12-18 months, me thinks you might need it.

Gosh - sounds like shoes on the other foot all of a sudden, hate to think how many times I've had time wasted by dealers, our local lexus dealer didnt give me the time of day, guess I dont look like a lexus driver, not much different to Toyota one either and the ammount of aftersales departments with broken promises and wasted visits. Taking up valuable time of potential customers, takign them for a ride with vague meaningless assurances. I've always said with customer service that the car industry offers, when times get tough they'll suffer.

in fact to utilise your words - It is soul destroying to sit in an empty showroom fighting for service and being taken advantage of by people with nothing better to do than waste a customers time and resources.

Real shame IMHO.

Clearly not rushed off your feet by the stampede of buyers in your showroom, if you can afford the time to vent your spleen on here.

Hopefully your attitude to customers arriving at your showroom in direct competitors cars doesn't show through, as I'm not sure you calling them cocks is quite as amusing, as when Clarkson does.

FWIW, before ordering my replacement A4 I drove 35 miles to my closest Lexus dealer to have a closer look at an IS250 Sport, as I'd always quite liked the previous generation IS. Thoroughly underwhelming it was too.

Good luck for the coming 12-18 months, me thinks you might need it.

You are correct when you say we are not rushed off our feet with buyers at the moment. The reason I am on here is due to a gentleman who made an enquiry to our dealership after reading a posting suggesting that we will lend cars out to anyone for any purpose. WE ARE NOT HERTZ OR AVIS, we are here to sell quality motor vehicles at the best possible prices taking into consideration the poor economic climate. We will do everything we possibly can to help a genuine buyer but have had enough of timewasters and messers. The next 12 months may be hard for us but we will do whatever we can to keep on providing a first class service to anyone who is serious and genuine.

Gosh - sounds like shoes on the other foot all of a sudden, hate to think how many times I've had time wasted by dealers, our local lexus dealer didnt give me the time of day, guess I dont look like a lexus driver, not much different to Toyota one either and the ammount of aftersales departments with broken promises and wasted visits. Taking up valuable time of potential customers, takign them for a ride with vague meaningless assurances. I've always said with customer service that the car industry offers, when times get tough they'll suffer.

in fact to utilise your words - It is soul destroying to sit in an empty showroom fighting for service and being taken advantage of by people with nothing better to do than waste a customers time and resources.

Real shame IMHO.

Hello Mr. Kahn, could you please elaberate on this for me? Many thanks.

The point I am trying to make is that for us dealers, things are very tough at the moment and we are having to make many of our staff redundant which is a very painful thing to do. When we get a new enquiry we like to think that it will lead to a sale and we put all our energy and effort into trying to do the best deal we can for the customer. It is annoying that we are now getting enquiries for test drives from people who just want to abuse our offers and our vehicles. We have had several instances this week which have lead to serious enquiries being lost due to people not bringing cars back on time and filthy dirty and empty of fuel. We want to help genuine people and assist them with the purchase of their new vehicle and not be messed about by people with no real interest. It is soul destroying to sit in an empty showroom fighting for survival and being taken advantage of by people with nothing better to do than waste a dealers time and resources.

I can appreciate some of your comments above. However - you shouldn't blame Joe Public for your salesman's inability to simply vet potential customers properly and/or your marketing department's naivety.

FWIW - I never bothered with the test drive in the end (and I called the showroom to inform them in plenty of time), so no harm was done.

Now, about you calling me a tit, people on Tyresmoke generally know I'm a tit already, but thanks to your rant, they now probably have a very poor view of Lexus dealers. Which one do you work for then ?

PS - Is it you selling Lexus lights to chavs in Corsa ? If so, please stop it.

Our salesman are some of the very best in the business and are most thorough when it comes to qualification so I think it to be most unfare to doubt their ability. Market conditions force us to desperate measures, the old saying that bums on seats sells cars is true but they need to be the right bums.

and yes it is me selling Lexus rear light s to chavs in Corsa's. It's the only way we can make any money!!!

Our salesman are some of the very best in the business and are most thorough when it comes to qualification so I think it to be most unfare to doubt their ability. Market conditions force us to desperate measures, the old saying that bums on seats sells cars is true but they need to be the right bums.

and yes it is me selling Lexus rear light s to chavs in Corsa's. It's the only way we can make any money!!!

You're talking b0llocks now. On one hand you're ranting about timewasters abusing your 48 hour test drive, then you're saying your Salesmen are most thorough at qualifying potential customers !

I'll repeat my question from an earlier post : Which Dealership do you work for ?

Edited by theduisbergkid
shonky typing