BMW 2009.1 Nav DVD

Biscuits

• 2 weeks later...

I got it ok, but have tried burning it twice and both times the NAV system won't read it. When I got 2008-1, I use a Woolworth DVD+R and Roxio on my Vaio, first burn worked fine.

This time I've tried the same again and it won't work, also used my iMAC at home at it failed to write the first disc, and the second disc wouldn't work in the car.

Have also now tried a Verbatim DVD+R DL and this hasn't worked either.

At all times I use the slowest rip speed (2x on iMAC, 1x on Vaio)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
any1 has this done w speed cameras as POI and stuff yet?

Yes, the 2009.1 disk in question has Euro speed camera data on it.

have a look on thepiratebay

Tis arrrgh the finest place to find such bounty... arrrrgh.... ;)

Does this disk only work on cars with I-drive or will it work on all BMW models. My car is a 2006 X5 and when I got it it hadn't any satnav disk. I have copied a 2006 disk which works fine but an upgrade to 2009 sounds good.

The X3, X5 and Z4's all use the old system, not the same as the iDrive in the 3,5,7,'s etc... Not sure but think the disk you need to search for is the HIGH version, not PRO or BUSINESS versions.

It doesn't have UK speed cameras on tho does it??? sorry..safety cameras ;)

Yep, sure does. Was very handy when I went to Amsterdam last month too, pesky spead cameras hidden in the central reservation :ffs:

I had problems burning the disk at first, but seem to have cracked it now +++

PM me if you have probs

Any idea if theres a post code look up for this?!

What do you mean? BMW Nav's only use the first 4/5 numbers, not the full 7 digits. There is a "guy" out there that does a "full postcode" hacked disk, but think this just has all postcodes entered as Points Of Interest... no idea how easy this is to use. It's also £40 !

• 2 weeks later...
Does this disk only work on cars with I-drive or will it work on all BMW models. My car is a 2006 X5 and when I got it it hadn't any satnav disk. I have copied a 2006 disk which works fine but an upgrade to 2009 sounds good.

Same car here - just not sure how to work out which download I need. Have you managed to work this out?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the 'High' system which is the Nav in pre I drive models.

I'm just waiting for my 2009-1 disc to complete, and will adapt it to include UK cameras which then show up on the nav screen as icons, but with no audible warnings, for that I use a Road Angel. However with this approach the databases are slightly different.

However some one has worked out how to get the system to issue a warning for speed cameras. Looks complicated, but worth doing if you do not have a Road Angel or similar.

POISoN - X5world

Biggest upgrade is the new TMC v4 features.

I've googled, but can't find anything about v4, other than reference to calculation of drive times based on historical road speed data, but that just seemed to cover North America, and a few other places but not UK.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi I am new to this forum. I have been reading this post. I have a iso of the 2009 -1 european pro.

This is my problem I cannot burn to my DL disc, obviously wrong makes of disc.

I followed this advise elsewhere re removing content

#Language specific content (LSC) files

#TPD-LSC <language code> <relative path><LSC filename>

TPD-LSC 2 /ENG/ENG.LSC

TPD-LSC 3 /FRE/FRE.LSC

TPD-LSC 4 /GER/GER.LSC

TPD-LSC 5 /ITA/ITA.LSC

TPD-LSC 6 /SPA/SPA.LSCAnd replace it with:

Code:

#Language specific content (LSC) files

#TPD-LSC <language code> <relative path><LSC filename>

TPD-LSC 2 /ENG/ENG.LSC

TPD-LSC 3 /ENG/ENG.LSC

TPD-LSC 4 /ENG/ENG.LSC

TPD-LSC 5 /ENG/ENG.LSC

TPD-LSC 6 /ENG/ENG.LSCAnd just delete all the language folders in TPD/ntcBeuFNM_EU_20080612/ leaving ENG, ICONS and INFO15.

but the iso is still too large 4.42GB

I cannot get my DVD burner to overburn so was wondering what else I could take out .

thanks