Hello people.

Dannys Mk3 GTI

Hello all,

Just bought my Black Golf Mk3 GTI, but after looking through the forums seems they are a looked over car the posts seem to just jump from Mk2 to Mk4. So what's wrong with the Mk3?

I chose the Mk3, because after that they all started following that god awful 'bubble car' trend which seems to have been applied to nearly all hatches now.

The Mk2 and previous for me are not the best handling and finding one that hasn't been thrashed or has 150k on the clock is not that easy.

So I went for the mid option, and i gotta say i love it. I do have a few gripes but you find that in any car. My plan is to upgrade the clutch and gearbox as i find it rather unappealing at the minute then the brakes as they don't really have the stopping power needed for this car. Then I'll be going for coilovers to increase the already pretty good handling (I thought anyways).

At the moment I have wolfrace 17" Alloys, Recaro bucket seats (Not the harness type), Also have lexus lights in the boot that came with the car (unfitted), I'll probably fit them but will be changing those also. I'm looking at buying a nice subtle bodykit (any suggestions most welcome), then after all that is done i'll look at other visual mods and also a full interior redesign. Thinking of Black and gold theme for the outside and a cream leather with subtle bits of green for the inside.

Also, any idea if you can get aftermarket steering wheels with airbags, and where from?

And any high end performance parts that stock parts for a Mk3?

Sorry for the long first post, but don't really know a lot about golfs or to be fair cars in general, but I am slowly learning by trying to fit parts and things myself and then taking it to a garage or sutible mate to fix my error.

Anyways Hi and look forward to getting a part of the furniture here. :D