Snow foam....??!!

sidicks

Can someone recommend a product that I can apply using my pressure washer / lance to the car (when I’ve not washed it for some time) to lift off the bulk of the dirt etc prior to using the Meguiars Gold Class shampoo?

I think this is called ‘Snow foam’ but no doubt there are hundreds of variations, so can anyone recommend a particular product and supplier?

Apologies if this is a stupid question!

:ffs:

Thanks

+++

Sidicks

Hi,

I have just run out of Auto Rae Chems Snow foam and have plummed for Bilt Hamber Auto Foam, its meant to be the best, apparently:rolleyes:.

I've also heard good reports about the Valet Pro PH Neutral snow.

Either of the above two should see you right ! +++

I purchased my bits from Elite Car Care. Alex always does a spot on job and customer service is excellent. If you type in the code 'TSN' it gives you 5% off and also if you spend over £60 your delivery is free !

HTH

p.s. What I tend to do at this time of year when its cold etc is just do a snow foam and plain water rinse, job done. The car then looks really good. Obvioulsy not as spot on as I usually have it but thats what next March onwards is for ! :grin::grin:

Can someone recommend a product that I can apply using my pressure washer / lance to the car (when I’ve not washed it for some time) to lift off the bulk of the dirt etc prior to using the Meguiars Gold Class shampoo?

I think this is called ‘Snow foam’ but no doubt there are hundreds of variations, so can anyone recommend a particular product and supplier?

Apologies if this is a stupid question!

:ffs:

Thanks

+++

Sidicks

Edited by wyliss

Thanks for this – Where possible I try and support the forum members who advertise on here so was waiting for a response from them offering me some bargain Christmas deals on Snow Foam! I’ve certainly ordered from Elite in the past.

I’ll wait a bit longer and if I don’t get any responses then I’ll Google the best deal!

:beer:

Sidicks

I am also in the market for a 5L of snow foam and also a shampoo to go with that. Currently using a Meguiars one, think it was some trade pack, maybe Shampoo plus or something. Had originally wanted Megs Hyper Plus but it wasn't available at that time and this was apparently the trade pack equivilant.

Anyone any recommendations or offers they want to put our way. I have a bit of foam left but am nearly out of shampoo so need to order soon.

HIHI

Davyk31, check out Meguiars #62 im using that right now and its great. Its RRP is about £25 but most people are selling for less then Shampoo Plus, a really great product! I would say its Meguiars best shampoo. There are lots of good shampoos about Duragloss 90X is just about the pick of bunch and will do the job with ease regardless of the weather how grimey your car is. Its about £30 for a US gallon.

As for the foam, depending on what foam gun or lance you have depends and how much you want to mix. The general job is that you mix X amount of snowfoam in mixing bottle, add X amount of water, mix it up. Attach it your lance or foam gun (glimour or similar) and then quirt away!

Geoff

Just to ask another daft question : how do you use snow foam?

Do you apply it to the liquid box on the pressure washer and do you dilute it in water first?

Thanks

I would use a dedicate 'Foam Lance' that firs onto your 'wand'. Add say an inch of foam to the bottle and top with warm water then foam away:

AstraDetail005.jpg

+++

Hi Geoff, Megs 62 is exactly what I have been using and found it very good. Any recommendations as to who is the cheapest to buy it from. Also are all own branded snow foams basically the same thing so it doesn't really matter who I buy it from.

Hi! Car valeting supplies, valeting products, detailing products Have it for £18, they sell various snowfoams, Very Cherry Acid Free wheel cleaner is a dead ringer for Billberry (i think it doesnt have as higher PH). They have plenty of good sprayers and bottles esp. the foaming heads.

Clean and Shiney also have it for around £12.99 IIRC there website is kinda sloppy and i dont know if they sell snow foam etc. I tried to buy from them but they never returned my emails.

Geoff

• 2 months later...

Hi Moe,

If you dont mind about marring up your cars paintwork then you could do that. Its probably not advisable, i would always use a lambs wool or microfibre wash mitt.

As for foaming the car and then cleaning it, you could do that if it wasnt very dirty and you had a clean bucket to rinse your washmitt with.

Snow foam is there for softening the dirt, im not sure using car shampoo, with out being really liquidy would really and any reasonable amount of lubrication.

Geoff

• 3 weeks later...
Can the Megs version be purchased from Halfords?

Hi Neil,

Forget the Megs stuff !!:eek:. Get yourself some Bilt Hamber Auto Foam, you wont be disappointed !. I'm sure there is a place who delivers it F.O.C.

I've got some at present and its quality stuff particularily in the winter months !.

Second to the above I'd go with Valet Pro's SF.

+++

Just to confirm, Meguiars dont make a Snow Foam product (correct me if im wrong).

If you are thinking of using a shampoo in your foam gun or lance as oppossed to snow foam this is different and you might notice your protection suffering if you dont get the ratios correct.

Snow foam is esp. designed to cling the to paintwork, more so then just creating foam with shampoo.

Geoff

OK, any ideas where to purchase said foams :) This sounds like a perfect product for me as I dread dragging all that salt/grit across my paintwork.

Try these for size:

- Elite Car Care

Clean Your Car - car care products UK

Autobrite.co.uk - Car Valeting, Repairs

Just finished from a marathon detail - used the autobrite snow foam earlier. Very staisfying applying it and great results. Sets the paintwork up for a decent wash and makes you feel more confident that most the dangerous stuff has been uplifted prior +++

hi guys

I purchased my snow foam lance a couple of years ago from Autobright I think. Its stopped engaging with my karscher like the two lances that come with it. Can't even push it all the way in let alone twist to lock it in place.

Has anyone else suffered with this?

It's become impossible to use so wonder if they have limited life!!

Cheers

Tone

hi guys

I purchased my snow foam lance a couple of years ago from Autobright I think. Its stopped engaging with my karscher like the two lances that come with it. Can't even push it all the way in let alone twist to lock it in place.

Has anyone else suffered with this?

It's become impossible to use so wonder if they have limited life!!

Cheers

Tone

Sounds like the main body of the lance may need WD40'ing :( I presume the main section lance will not depress to allow the end lance section?